Release: SYS|Dash

There’s an issue with incorrect offline showing, clicking the offline button sends a ping and resolves that for now, but will be resolved in the next relese.

Is the slidebar difficult to use on mobile? I’ll see what can be improved there.

1 Like

Clicking solves the problem until the windows Is open. When you exit It and then reenter the “led” Is off again.

1 Like

Priority=0 for me. Just to Say I’m alive…,:- :laughing:

1 Like

Does It make sense to add “update” button in Settings to fire “sudo oll-update-init --initialize-updates” command? same for “new version available” notification?

Updates are coming, oll-update-init will have it’s own tile. A “New version available” indicator will also be added, probably just as a 4th indicator dot.

3 Likes

It would be better in an upper corner, just showed when a new version Is available, as it is a transient notification, not a real “status”, in my opinion

2 Likes

Unable to get it to open in Firefox (Windows). Just uses 100% cpu. Chrome worked for now, known problem?

We have never officially supported Firefox and don’t test extensively for that browser, but failures of that type should not occur, I’ll look into it.

No worries. I just never expected something today to be written to a particular browser versus web standards (at least since the bad days of IE).

If that is the case, don’t waste your time on troubleshooting but hopefully the /simple interface could be resurrected so we can get to the main components should their URL change in the future.

EDIT: Upon reboot/update looks like all the URLs have changed so I’m SOL for now :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s not written for a particular browser, it’s just that even using standard libraries and following standards Firefox does not work as expected at times. If it was just a minor UI glitch I wouldn’t bother, but not working at all is not acceptable.

simple is available at coreip/simple/

The URLs have not changed, but you get the status page until a service is up and running.

EDIT: The issue is in the gridstackjs library, I’ll find a way around it.

As a testament to CORE, I haven’t rebooted in a long time so things not coming back up 15 minutes after reboot is surprising.

/simple is redirecting me to a blank /sysapi/statuspage/.service (both Chrome and Firefox).

I’ll open a new thread for troubleshooting these problems. First, I’m hoping I can figure it out on my own quickly before any one else wakes up and starts yelling :slight_smile:

EDIT: all backend things are working just fine - working on new UI problems in Chrome

1 Like

@jeffml From post #15 above: “Simple is deprecated and will no longer be updated.”

Yep, hence why I asked it to be resurrected if Firefox won’t be supported

1 Like

This is resolved in the next release. I’ll probably push that one tomorrow after some more testing. The only major issue left on Firefox is that zoom isn’t supported and the normal workarounds for that break other things.

3 Likes

Everything working as expected here. Safari browser on macOS Monterey.

2 Likes

Made some updates to SYS|Dash. Logs backfill and time is accurate. We made some changes to the online indicator. Please let us know if it continues to intermittently show offline.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: SYS|Dash display problem on iPad

I like the new look. Looks great on my Windows laptop (Chrome), Pixel phone and Android tablet. I do like the 3 dots to indicate the different elements of the status at the same time.

3 Likes

10 posts were split to a new topic: SYS|Dash Button behavior

7 posts were split to a new topic: SYS|Dash Safari display bugs