Release: SYS|Dash

Yeah I didnt wait long enough to start seeing them, but I agree it would be cool if it backfilled a certain amount.

You know how it goes give em something new and right away they want more !!!

3 Likes

The downfall to this is to keep the system lean, the system keeps a certain number of lines for all logs. If something is flooding the logs, you may only get 3 lines from any one service. This could make feature inconsistent, but weā€™ll add it. Just know that it is what it is. Weā€™ll see what we can do about it. If the logs begin to cause a load on the system, it may get reconsidered.

BEFORE you ask, weā€™re also working on bundling and sharing logs for troubleshooting or bug reporting. Just thought Iā€™d throw that out there.

WITH privacy filtering.

3 Likes

Just a FYI: Check MQTT Explorer to see parts of what the API-side of this can do. SysAPI documentation will come, the API can be used over MQTT, WebSockets and http.

4 Likes

Even looks good on my phone.
:wink:

2 Likes

Maybe I Lost something, but my nr3 icone show offline status despite the fact nr3 Is working normally.

EDIT 1st usability feedback on settings/zoom: +/- buttons may help when used with phones, same as a zoom set numeric value

Thereā€™s an issue with incorrect offline showing, clicking the offline button sends a ping and resolves that for now, but will be resolved in the next relese.

Is the slidebar difficult to use on mobile? Iā€™ll see what can be improved there.

1 Like

Clicking solves the problem until the windows Is open. When you exit It and then reenter the ā€œledā€ Is off again.

1 Like

Priority=0 for me. Just to Say Iā€™m aliveā€¦,:- :laughing:

1 Like

Does It make sense to add ā€œupdateā€ button in Settings to fire ā€œsudo oll-update-init --initialize-updatesā€ command? same for ā€œnew version availableā€ notification?

Updates are coming, oll-update-init will have itā€™s own tile. A ā€œNew version availableā€ indicator will also be added, probably just as a 4th indicator dot.

3 Likes

It would be better in an upper corner, just showed when a new version Is available, as it is a transient notification, not a real ā€œstatusā€, in my opinion

2 Likes

Unable to get it to open in Firefox (Windows). Just uses 100% cpu. Chrome worked for now, known problem?

We have never officially supported Firefox and donā€™t test extensively for that browser, but failures of that type should not occur, Iā€™ll look into it.

No worries. I just never expected something today to be written to a particular browser versus web standards (at least since the bad days of IE).

If that is the case, donā€™t waste your time on troubleshooting but hopefully the /simple interface could be resurrected so we can get to the main components should their URL change in the future.

EDIT: Upon reboot/update looks like all the URLs have changed so Iā€™m SOL for now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Itā€™s not written for a particular browser, itā€™s just that even using standard libraries and following standards Firefox does not work as expected at times. If it was just a minor UI glitch I wouldnā€™t bother, but not working at all is not acceptable.

simple is available at coreip/simple/

The URLs have not changed, but you get the status page until a service is up and running.

EDIT: The issue is in the gridstackjs library, Iā€™ll find a way around it.

As a testament to CORE, I havenā€™t rebooted in a long time so things not coming back up 15 minutes after reboot is surprising.

/simple is redirecting me to a blank /sysapi/statuspage/.service (both Chrome and Firefox).

Iā€™ll open a new thread for troubleshooting these problems. First, Iā€™m hoping I can figure it out on my own quickly before any one else wakes up and starts yelling :slight_smile:

EDIT: all backend things are working just fine - working on new UI problems in Chrome

1 Like

@jeffml From post #15 above: ā€œSimple is deprecated and will no longer be updated.ā€

Yep, hence why I asked it to be resurrected if Firefox wonā€™t be supported

1 Like

This is resolved in the next release. Iā€™ll probably push that one tomorrow after some more testing. The only major issue left on Firefox is that zoom isnā€™t supported and the normal workarounds for that break other things.

3 Likes