[smartly] bug report and support thread

Thanx for your fast response! :+1:

I’ve used 70,90 - and it hasn’t changed anything. :thinking:

Of course I will send you a message with my JSON…

BTW: All those devices are local to this hub.
BTW2: When I use the regular dashboard battery tile the different symbols are shown.

I have created the virtual device but it is not showing up in the dashboard add tile page. Any idea why it would not be there?

@wayne5w Did you add it to the list of “authorized devices”? App > Dashboards > Click the dash and look for the sections. Semi ‘new feature’ (not a fan)

1 Like

That was it, thanks. What an awesome product you have built here.

2 Likes

couple of requests… 1 the latest release 2.2.5 broke the battery colors… i was not using the color templates and they are suddenly coming out on the pages anytime the javascript in include.

second is it possible to add another color to the thermostat template for “Humidifying” maybe a light blue or something , but different than cooling and heating.

thansk

2 Likes

I might need @TechMedX to test for me as I think 2.2.3 is the last version I have access to. Could you tell us more about what happens? You had a dashboard where value-based battery colors were working, but since 2.2.5 they are using the default green color, or something else?

I like the idea! unfortunately we’re limited to whatever the statuses of the thermostat tile are, and I believe they are IDLE, HEATING, COOLING, EMERGENCY HEAT. There might be others in 2.2.4 or 2.2.5 that I don’t know about though.

Thank you for your support, always good to see you on here man :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please let me know how to recreate the issue and I’ll check it out in a couple hours. time to go plow the driveway…yuk :snowflake: :snowflake: :tractor:

Mine does not even show EM heat (my thermostat has it, but not an option in HE for me.)

1 Like

EDIT wait, wait, hold the phone. All these SS are 2.2.4.158. With all the ‘fixes’ HE was releasing for 2.2.5 I held off. Let me backup/update, and repost some SS. At least we have 2.2.4 to compare too lol. BRB 2.2.5 testing yield the same results as 2.2.4 posted below.

Ok I think I see the issue, but please confirm this is what you mean.

Battery Dash HE original.

Added smartlyInject, without smartly CSS (no change, JS tile gets “processed” disappears)

Added smartly CSS, did not change mod (tile color changed)

28% went green from gray
19% & 12% went orange from red
0% went green from red :thinking: (if you look REALY close it’s a slightly different green, still wrong)

On a stock dashboard, after smartlyInject tile is added and it disappears, does the PAW appear?

WTF is the point of having this F#$%ing dash builder if I have to create the dash, then leave and go to the apps section to “allow devices”, and then go back to dashes again before I can add anything. What a F$%^ing waste of time! All for some @$$ munchies that don’t even uses dashes think it’s a good F@$%#ing idea!

/rant

Sorry had to get that off my chest. Yes I feel better now :rofl: (Yes I know I can start in the apps sections and go from there, still…)

1 Like

HE hoops jumped…

No, the Paw does not appear unless you run it thru smartly webGUI.

Sounds like something broke in 2.2.4 or 2.2.5… smartlyinject without using smartly no longer works. Also I don’t believe battery levels previously went to ZERO value pre-2.2.4 so I’ll have to adjust to accommodate battery-0.

UPDATE: Somebody at HE likes me now (or they need me, either way whatever helps me support you guys). I can now update to 2.2.5, but for now I’ve updated to 2.2.4 and see the issue here so looking like this bug has been around for a few months. I’m going to crack at this using 2.2.4.

3 Likes

Ok so it looks like this is to be expected EXCEPT when battery is at 0% it should be a color other than the default. 2.2.4-2.2.5 broke the ability to style battery level 0% using colorTemplates, so we’ll need to use smartlyInject moving forward to color it.

• Stock HE dashboard battery value colors are 0-24 RED, 25-49 GREY, 50-100 GREEN.
  • Stock smartly colors without smartlyinject are 1-15 RED, ORANGE 16-50, GREEN 51-100.
  • SmartlyInject default battery thresholds are RED 1-10, ORANGE 11-20, GREEN 21-100.
    This is enabled by default…it should be right?

If you going by the poll numbers …

If not then I guess it is up to you, and changeable via mod. :wink:

1 Like

correct … they come up with the correctd color for a few seconds and when the smartly javascript kicks in it changes to bright green.

are you sure becuase i have our own honeywell tcc drdiver and it does say humidifying see picture below where it currently says heating

i am also seeing the color changing for humidity different than i have specified when i include smart ly

ie

1 Like

The second image is smartly default humidity color, while the top image appears to be value-based color using smartly inject. Can you explain what I’m looking at or what you expect to see?

i wanted to use smartly inject, but not specified to hange the colors… in the past version 2.2.4 smartlay worked without changing the colors… suddenly on 2.2.5 it is changing them. same dashboard. i just removed smartly object to get it back the way it was… I want the smartly move capability but not modify my colors on this particular dashboard.

1 Like

Edit: I just confirmed that 2.2.4 is making smartly-inject enable all three of those value-based color features whether they are actually enabled or not.

Please bring your JSON into smartly updater and check under dashboard settings to verify whether both the value-based temperature and humidity color are disabled. Dashboard settings are located by clicking the gear icon to the top right of the tile editor grid.