[smartly] bug report and support thread

I was doing my period HPM check for updates and noticed one for the Smartly inject driver. When trying to install it I got the following error:

Any idea what might be going on ? When I check my driver it seems to be the same version.

It seems for some hub versions (possibly C7?) HPM has an issue doing the initial (and sometimes subsequent?) file download for packages (not just this one). @SoundersDude found that if you download the files from the repo directly and place within your File Manager, it seems to work moving forward. Though they appear to be the same version as what you have installed, it’s worth updating them manually. Just clobber the related files you have already installed into File Manager.

Let us know how it goes! Best case is updating works after that, or at least it doesn’t error out.

Hubitat/assets/uuid-version at release · markus-li/Hubitat · GitHub

Thanks for the information. I downloaded the 3 files from the repo, but no luck. Still the same message.

I manually updated the Driver, which I assume should work.

1 Like

I was trying to say I suspected all the variable tile types might have the same issue. Thanks

1 Like

Any idea why the headings on these thermostats do not line up correctly? The “Office” one is perfect, but I don’t see any difference between it and the others. Thanks.

Let’s have you pastebin me your json and if I can’t find anything, we’ll have you extract and pastebin your tile HTML :v:

Edit: know what let’s have you do both from the start, but if it makes sense when you’re in there when extracting tile html, try selecting and copying the element that holds all of the tiles instead of a single tile… it should have a class of “wrapper z-0”. worst case though, just grab the one tile that looks good, and one that looks bad.

https://pastebin.com/QhESNHsW

HTML (I hope !) https://pastebin.com/9LckjzGD

Hi,

Enjoying smartly, really improving the dashboard look.
Just a question. Can I add to the css to put borders on both the variable time tile and the weather tile. If so can you give an example a noob can do.

Thanks

1 Like

I will be including tile mods for all of the variable tiles and the weather tile in the next patch. Until then, you can place this text under /* ------- CUSTOM CSS BELOW THIS LINE - This CSS will be preserved during updates ------- */ in the Custom CSS section in your dashboard Settings. Settings (gear icon top right) > Advanced > CSS > scroll to the bottom, add the text, Save and refresh the page)-

.tile.variable-time {
  border: 1px solid white;
}

.tile.weather {
  border: 1px solid white;
}

It appears someone clicked it before I did. Please PM these in the future!

That is a bug, and I’ll correct this in the next patch/release. Good hunting!

Meanwhile to correct for this, we can use the following CSS:

.tile.thermostat>.absolute.bottom-0:after {
  top: .5em !important;
}
1 Like

Thanks. Where would I place this.

I updated the original reply in case somebody looks for it there, but you can add any CSS ‘patches’ like this under /* ------- CUSTOM CSS BELOW THIS LINE - This CSS will be preserved during updates ------- */ in the Custom CSS section in your dashboard Settings. You can get there by clicking Settings (gear icon top right) > Advanced > CSS > scroll to the bottom, add the text, Save and refresh the page)

1 Like

Never mind I got. Made a typo. Works

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks. I put there but made a typo so it didn’t work. I looked through the layout and found it there and noticed the error.

1 Like

Many thanks, Worked perfectly.

2 Likes

I found and fixed the interoperability issue with HPM and Smartly Inject on my C-7. I don’t know exactly what was wrong, but using HPM to run a repair on itself fixed the issue. ) :slightly_smiling_face: Version # for the installed app is the same, so I’m scratching my head… at any rate, problem solved!

1 Like

Excellent work! @Kulfsson it looks like there might be a potential fix. If you haven’t already worked around your error, could you try ‘Repair’ in HPM on the Smartly Inject package and let us know if it helps?

The original error @Kulfsson was seeing when attempting to upgrade via HPM:

Sorry, I should have been more explicit. The fix is to use HPM to repair HPM. AFAIK repair on Smartly Inject is just as unsuccessful as update/install procedures. Once HPM has repaired itself, all my problems vanished. @Kulfsson

1 Like

I tried this, repairing HPM and then trying to update Smartly injector, but still the same error. Other apps seem to update without error.

Quick update. I went back to HPM and used the repair function to repair Smartly injector, and that worked! No new version is available now in HPM.

2 Likes