[smartly] bug report and support thread

Added a new dashboard,
Ran it through the Smartly engine

1. Added smartly inject tile - when I activate the paw, the tile is hidden; when I save and de-activate it, the tile re-appears
  • Ran it through Smartly engine - You didn’t need to run it through smartly engine, but if you did make sure to refresh the page!
  • Added smartly inject tile - good, yes the tile should immediately hide itself and the PAW should be visible.
  • when I save and de-activate it, the tile re-appears - what are you saving and how are what are you de-activating?

After clicking on the paw
I then click on the Save icon to save the changes
Then, I click the paw again to get out of editing mode

Just to clarify on your first point, when i create a new dashboard I do not need to run the dashboard through the smartly engine??

Thank you for the screenshots! Just to be clear, clicking the PAW, saving and exiting drag and drop mode is only needed if you are needing to do some drag-and-drop changes. It’s not a requirement for making any of this work.

Is this when you are saying the smartly-inject tile re-appears?

Oh right, so there might still be a bug that requires us to run our JSON through smartly engine for this to work, but no you shouldn’t need to run it through smartly.

Yes. After clicking the PAW, doing some drag and drop work, and clicking the PAW again, the tile re-appears

1 Like

Strange! Ok I’ll need you to pastebin me your console log. Then PM me the pastebin link. You can PM me by clicking on my name then clicking ‘Message’.

ah, my bad :confused:! Thanks

1 Like

no reason to have known that! you’re good :ok_hand: I need to put some time into rereleasing the documentation.

Now that I can post pictures, here are my text fields:

As you can see from the picture, the texts “LIGHTS” and “LIVING ROOM” are left-aligned (it’s obvious with “LIGHTS”). This is despite me selecting text-alignment: center on the smartly website.

Here’s the relevant portion of the CSS:
{“id”:60,“template”:“texttile”,“templateExtra”:“LIGHTS”,“pos”:42,“mods”:{“text_alignment”:{“value”:null},“zoomable”:{“value”:null},“color_fg”:{“value”:null},“color_bg”:{“value”:null},“border”:{“value”:null,“modifier”:{“border_size”:{“value”:null}}}}}

What’s weird is posting the code back into smartly still shows text-alignment as center.

1 Like

This actually makes the tile too wide and leaves a good amount of blank space… Any chance we can have the setpoints vertical as opposed to horizontal?

1 Like

That’s a bug! I took a look and it should be an easy fix. I’ll roll it into the next hotpatch or release. Nice work!

That would be something we’d build into a future release… also wouldn’t be too difficult :v:

1 Like

Hey
Could you please add one more device for calibration?
It is Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 10’’ (YT3-X50L).

962x433 px
DPR: 1.3312500715255737
Screen size: 962x601 px

1 Like

Will do, in the meantime you can use “Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8” as it uses the same exact viewport values :v:

@sebad90

1 Like

I was doing my period HPM check for updates and noticed one for the Smartly inject driver. When trying to install it I got the following error:

Any idea what might be going on ? When I check my driver it seems to be the same version.

It seems for some hub versions (possibly C7?) HPM has an issue doing the initial (and sometimes subsequent?) file download for packages (not just this one). @SoundersDude found that if you download the files from the repo directly and place within your File Manager, it seems to work moving forward. Though they appear to be the same version as what you have installed, it’s worth updating them manually. Just clobber the related files you have already installed into File Manager.

Let us know how it goes! Best case is updating works after that, or at least it doesn’t error out.

Hubitat/assets/uuid-version at release · markus-li/Hubitat · GitHub

Thanks for the information. I downloaded the 3 files from the repo, but no luck. Still the same message.

I manually updated the Driver, which I assume should work.

1 Like

I was trying to say I suspected all the variable tile types might have the same issue. Thanks

1 Like

Any idea why the headings on these thermostats do not line up correctly? The “Office” one is perfect, but I don’t see any difference between it and the others. Thanks.

Let’s have you pastebin me your json and if I can’t find anything, we’ll have you extract and pastebin your tile HTML :v:

Edit: know what let’s have you do both from the start, but if it makes sense when you’re in there when extracting tile html, try selecting and copying the element that holds all of the tiles instead of a single tile… it should have a class of “wrapper z-0”. worst case though, just grab the one tile that looks good, and one that looks bad.

https://pastebin.com/QhESNHsW

HTML (I hope !) https://pastebin.com/9LckjzGD