[RELEASE] Tasmota for HE - Auto-detecting Tasmota drivers + Tasmota firmware 7.x/8.x for HE (for use with Tuya, Sonoff and other ESP devices)

Ah that sounds promising. The bathroom has no windows so the motion sensor controls the light 24/7. No Alexa invlovement or other external source and the physical switch is blanked over. Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @markus great job on this integration. Had moved all my ESP to Tasmota thanks to you (previously Hubuino, which is the awesome job of @ogiewon) .

To throw an idea your way, integrate your parent driver so thru RM can send commands to various ESP at the same time, such as restart, power commands , kind of a console like injection were you could send customized commands directly to the Tasmota cmd prompt, accessible thru say “Run Custom Action” were you could specify the json or string . I know I can send http gets and do the same , but your awesome sauce would be cooler.

Hi @markus

Thought I’d update you that I changed ISPs recently and have a different router as a result. All those delays and lost triggers have disappeared and all devices are much more responsive.

Must have been some missed packets or some sort of effect of the router on this type of traffic on the network.

Thanks for the continued support!

As always happy to hear when it is liked :slight_smile:

There is the sendCommand command in the Tasmota Universal Parent device for this. You can send any arbitrary Tasmota command you want that way.

Happy to hear that! How many IoT devices do you have on your wifi?

I currently have about 65 Tasmota devices and 3 WLED devices on my IoT wifi network. There’s also various other IoT devices (like an Ecovacs Deebot T8 AIVI) there when I’m testing something. With that said I’m running APs from the enterprise line of TP-Link. Once I can travel and pick up the Ubiquity APs I want from Europe I will however switch to those.

As a general advice to anyone reading this, if you want to run much more than 10 IoT devices on your wifi, get high-end equipment. If you average the extra wifi cost out over 50 or more devices it will still cost you much less than z-wave or zigbee devices for the same thing. Of course not everything is suitable to be on wifi (like battery powered sensors) but some things work amazingly well once they run locally.

1 Like

I’ve been seeing some errors since the platform upgrade/app update. I’m unsure what’s causing them.

In this instance, a light didnt turn on.

Getting these a lot!

From the context I assume 1990 is the parent device?

This would happen if the child device didn’t include the device object properly. In the child device, do you use the built-in Component driver or one of my Child drivers?

I’m using your child driver.

I only seem to be having errors with this switch, but I dont turn the others on/off reguarly, as they have Hue’s in them.

That screenshot doesn’t show which driver the child devices use. Just want to be sure.

It could be this one for example:

Yes, that’s the one!

Edit: also dev 1990 is the parent device.

I got a line number this time.

Yeah, I know it is accessible from the driver page, but wouldn’t be cool to be able to send commands on RM.

Thanks, I’ll have a look :slight_smile:

That command can be reached from RM.

@markus

One of my Tasmota devices died yesterday. Replaced it today (under warranty), and inadvertantly tasmotised it to Tasmota 9.1.0 by Theo Arends. It was just the current download.

I then attempted to upgrade to T4HE: tasmota-httphook 8.5.1 but for both gz and bin, I get an error.

Any suggestions?

I would try flashing with a min version, then flash w/8.5. It worked for me

1 Like

Hi, I would like to flash Shelly 2.5 devices to tasmota. Any difference with others flashable devices?

Yes, the pins are smaller than the regular ones.

is it possible to flash it Ota?

I would have to let someone more knowledgeable jump in and help.

@markus

Should I roll back to the previous version of HE4 Tasmota? I’m still getting a lot of system reboots as described here. I suspect it may have been the cause of a device failure that I just got replaced, but unsure. Certainly, the wifi/smart half of the board was fried (I initially attempted to keep the old wifi board, but it was the problem, not the larger board).

I’m still getting errors with Tasmota 4 HE.