[RELEASE] Tasmota for HE - Auto-detecting Tasmota drivers + Tasmota firmware 7.x/8.x for HE (for use with Tuya, Sonoff and other ESP devices)

Is @markus around? Is he OK? I have not heard boo from him in 10 days. I hope he’s going OK.

1 Like

My apologies, @Mike he’s around. We’re keeping him very busy with our ongoing project. But, he’s not in shackles or anything and last I heard, he’s being fed regularly. :grin:
As it has been about 24 hours since I last chatted with him, I’m confident his situation hasn’t changed and he is alive and well. He’s got you bookmarked for a response. He’s not ignoring you. There are just not enough hours in the day as of late. Please somewhat tolerate his absence, and I assure you this wont last forever. Just some big things going on right now.

2 Likes

@markus, I grabbed a pair of Feit BPA800 bulbs at Costco today.
I found this page

which says the new WB2L modules, which these have, is incompatible. Before returning them I’d like to know if these will be supported in the next few months. And what will it take to make them supported. These are my first tasmota-eligible (almost) devices so I know very little about this arena so I have no clue if I could do whatever needs to be done. Please advise.

I’m back for a bit, I’ve been too split between my many tasks at the moment.

You could use the original Tasmota 8.5.1 release and downgrade with that one first.

As far as I know, it is not. The pins are very easy to get to, however.

I’ve been looking at this, I assume this is in 2.2.4 of HE?

WB2L is a completely different chip from the ESP8266 based ones. No support in Tasmota is planned at the moment as far as I know.

However, I’ve seen a couple of threads like this one:

1 Like

Yes, latest release. It’s only 1 light (3 gang), the same light. My other six lights are fine, so it’s very weird. I’ve never had an issue before with this light (or any others). However since 2.2.4 it’s been not turning on/off. I’ve reset 5 (again), I’ve checked the config(s), and it’s all good. There was a time when the IP address of the HE was absent (port still there), but that’s been rectified and there are still errors all day.

Ok, that explains why I can’t see it at all. I can’t update any of my hubs to 2.2.4 due to having been blocked. This results in it taking longer for me to fix this since I have to have it tested by others and can’t see it for myself. With that said, I have some ideas and expect to have this solved. Please be patient with me, I really need to clone myself.

2 Likes

Blocked by HE? Is it legal? After all you payed same as all of us. That is really hard to accept

2 Likes

Yes

I’ve not asked my lawyers yet, it has not been a priority. It is what it is and doesn’t affect my own automations since only some are left on HE just to support my drivers. It makes supporting them harder, but I’ll manage.

1 Like

Yes. I appreciate this habit, nevertheless it sound unexplicable to my ears… That is not the smartest way to make business too. Ok. it is over! let concentrate toward the (near?) future!

2 Likes

@RRodman, April says you may be able to advise regarding my question [RELEASE] Tasmota for HE - Auto-detecting Tasmota drivers + Tasmota firmware 7.x/8.x for HE (for use with Tuya, Sonoff and other ESP devices) - #63 by LosinIt above. I found this just a bit ago and, having zero experience with anything tasmota, I can’t tell if this is something I should try with Markus’ code here or not. I think the official tasmota has to support this variant before Markus can. Is that right? It seems there is hope but this item is about tuya-convert https://github.com/arendst/Tasmota/issues/6534 and I don’t know what that means for tasmota. In this post FEIT BPA800/RGBW/AG/2(P) Template issues · Issue #6534 · arendst/Tasmota · GitHub and a couple below it seems it’s working for that user.

Please fill me in on anything you can regarding this because. like I said, I couldn’t be more of a noob in this area.

Thanks

Aw, crap. I just found that the WB2L has a completely different architecture so it’d be much more than a little tweaking to get tasmota to support it.

yes, it’d be, as I linked to above, a hardware modification hack. Probably not worth it for bulbs.

1 Like

Until today I didn’t understand that the new board is a different architecture. I thought you were saying that it would be like ESP8266 -> ESP32. But this is a BIG difference so now I get it.

Thanks

1 Like

I’m now seeing this errror on other lights.

Sorry for all the delays, but here is a new version for you try:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/markus-li/Hubitat/development/drivers/expanded/tasmota-universal-parent-expanded.groovy

No, didnt work. It’s not controlling any lights at present, with the new driver. This light does not turn on/off via HE now, via automation or manually pressing on/off from within HE.

Please try the new version I just uploaded.

1 Like

Yes, that works. Both from device page and through automations. I’ll keep a close eye on it. Thanks so much!

2 Likes

Ahhh. The turn off automation did just have an error:

New version out that should catch that. I can’t see these errors at all, so sorry for the trial-and-error approach here.

1 Like