[RELEASE] smartly 2.1.0 featuring smartly-inject

Who him?
that’s the smartly inject tile. It should get “sucked up” once the dashboard loads. Make sure you do not have him added twice.

Quick way (will leave paw and still allow DnD edits), and tile additions, just not removal.

Put a check in “Hide three dot menu on all tiles”

Lock locked (no edits, until unlocked)

In HE main interface click Apps > Click on the name of the Dashboard to lock > Advanced (at bottom) > Turn on - Lock down dashboard so no change…

1 Like

only once, but still visible, deleted and the drag and drop option went away, re added and hes still visible.

Thats a global setting isnt it? is there no way to just lock specific devices?

Now your just being greedy :rofl:

No. NTMK. Not sure it is even possible since the webserver would only see the IP traffic not a device in such a way to allow for permissions to be set. If anyone has a workaround I’d be interested to hear them.

I cannot replicate this issue. When it is re-add does the “paw” come back? Have you tried making a “clean” dashboard and seeing what happen?

Is anyone else seeing this issue?

For anyone testing - even if I add CSS to try to make it stay visible, it’s still disappears and is listed ‘display:none’ in the inspect screen

I think i know whats causing it, dont have time today to test it.

If its what i think it is its only going to effect us newbies and they have to be ambitious newbies, the sort that run before they can walk like me :wink:

if you create a new dash and allow it to auto add all tiles, (newbie mistake) it will add the smartly tile (ambitious newbie mistake, playing with Smarly before they know how to use dashboard) but the paw print wont appear unless you re load the dash so you dont realise its there. (actually it wont appear anyway because you havnt yet converted to smartly)

if you then convert to smartly and re past the CSS you still wont see the paw so you add another smartly tile and refresh and you end up with the tile twice. that causes the visibility issue. (I Think)

deleting the tiles and re adding just one doesnt seem to solve the issue.

At least i think thats whats causing it but wont be able to test until tonight.

1 Like

Yes, the smartly inject tile is visible on all of my dashboards that I am using it, it is not hidden. I have not tried on a brand new dashboard. I just move the tile down to a lower row at this point.

By chance did you use the HE “dashboard builder” auto fill when you 1st set up the dashes? If so see the post above yours.

If not are these new dashes or old? Did it just happen or have they been this way? Since when?

1 Like

@DenverTech99 thanks for helping troubleshoot! I wanted to mention, let’s make sure we are selecting ‘javascript’ as the attribute for the tile. If auto-added when creating a new dash, it’s possible the attribute is not selected. That being said, let us know what happens when you create a new dashboard and add the tile as an attribute tile, and select ‘javascript’ attribute.

@spelcheck I do have javascript chosen (Smartly tile is in bottom left), but I did do double take not recalling.

@TechMedX I did not use the dashboard builder.

1 Like

Let’s have you try repairing Smartly Inject via HPM.

Then ‘Initialize’ in the device. You should ‘Enabled’ with a broken image after it. The broken image is what is doing the initial injection.

@spelcheck Completed the repair, did the initialize, tile still on the dashboard.

I also tried to delete the tile after the repair, then add it back in, tile displays again.

I can try to create a fresh dashboard later today with a similar layout and see if it appears.

1 Like

Thanks for trying that, we’ll get to the bottom of it. Looking forward to having this work for you. :+1:

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: [smartly] bug report and support thread

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: [smartly] bug report and support thread

Sorry guys didnt get any notifications about this thread continuing, if you need any help trouble shooting, let me know

hello I have a problem, every time I change something, for example an icon or a color, when I save and paste in my board, everything is deconfigured, the columns the rows, and I have to do everything, any solution?

What do you have your row height and column width set to? You might be having this issue-

I mean that if, for example, I have everything configured, in size etc, and if I change any icon, and update the json, I get out of square again and I get large, separate icons, etc., the icon size is not saved or Dashboard

Let’s have you post in the support thread with some screenshots and pastebin us your JSON.

Support thread here [smartly] bug report and support thread and instructions on how to pastebin here! [smartly] how to send your JSON for troubleshooting

You don’t need to introduce yourself or anything, I’ll just keep an eye there for the screenshots and JSON!

1 Like