[Device] Tuya Zigbee Signal Repeater

The other week back I found some tiny Tuya Zigbee signal repeater’s on Aliexpress so I pulled the trigger on one. It paired instantly with my zigbee mesh no issues at all. I have since sent the details to @markus to use within his Generic Zigbee Repeater (with presence) driver. Anyways see pictures below it’s much nicer looking than the IKEA’s hey and with a really tiny footprint.

4 Likes

Nice find.

1 Like

Nice find indeed!
Now I need to change some GPO’s to USB ones!!

1 Like

I have about 11 of these around the house they are awesome. I believe I got them for about $15 each last year but still a really good price and 3.1amp too.

1 Like

There’s been a few I have wanted to change but one of them things never got around to doing!

I keep seeing some at Costco, which I think it 3 for $40.
Cant remember the specs but double check next time!
Otherwise, the ones you linked are a good price!

1 Like

Nice and small. What LQI are you getting back to the hub, compared to the ikea ones?

Looking at your setup I’m tempted to have a few GPO’s swapped out for these just to turn them into repeaters!

Bad example as the Tuya is installed in the same room as HE given I have IKEAs everywhere else but it’s going well.

[Tuya Study, BFBE], LQI:254, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:1

I was fortunate enough to build a new house last year so I found them and told the builder “here just use these” which was nice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow, these are really cute. Much nicer than the jutty-out IKEA ones, as long as they work as good. Will have to get a few.

2 Likes

I’ll have to get one in for testing now :grinning:, although the shipped price is closer to $20 these days. I’m more interested in performance as my ikeas have their USB ports stripped out (so that makes them pretty tiny as a result) and fitted into battery supported housings.

2 Likes

Not available out of china, and other countries listed not shipping to AUS.
Looks like have to wait for these!

Can’t be right, they’re not available in the link that @jchurch provided but if you search for the same term there are plenty all over aliexpress. Here’s one https://www.aliexpress.com/i/4001360700735.html

2 Likes

lol. That’s what I get for not searching more!!

1 Like

Yeah noticed that too. We need @markus to go buy a bunch for us and be their distributor :smiley:

1 Like

Oh yeah, woop woop, managed to finally find one that ships to Thailand. Ordered 4. Should help the mesh a bit and are nice and discrete.

1 Like

Did you find compact repeaters with battery backup? I would like both to strength the net, same as to check if a power outage occurred (of course I’ve UPSed the hubs and critics l components of the network)

Hmm … think I could plug one into the usb of a zwave plug in the wall behind the couch. First thing that goes through my head is the “parasite” effect. :grin:

You’ll need to build your own. Check out the thread here DIY- Battery Backup Hubitat- under TEN bucks-NO soldering - Here's a cool thing I did! - Hubitat

Their ebay store sells packs of 5 for $70 with shipping.
I bought them also but would get the one with usb-c as well which wasn’t available at the time for a few dollars more.

2 Likes

Good deal! Even better it has usb-c!
I can see this getting expensive to change over real quick!

1 Like

I’ve got that stuff. However what I would like is a zigbee pluggable repeater with internal batterue, able to detect and report power outages. I’ve found one https://www.climax.com.tw/zigbee-acc-rm.php but I do’nt know where to buy.