And So It Begins

What prevents me from ordering is the unclear description of what devices will actually be supported day 1 and what is to come later …
MyQ Garage, HomeKit integration, tp-link wifi plugs, z-wave yale lock, etc are just a few of the products/features I am using.
If you have a list of devices/services that are supported, that would help a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

Markus and I are working on that.

Have you guys tested with non - Ikea repeaters in the mesh? It’s been my experience that at least 2 other brands of outlets (ST being one of them) can destabilise the mesh for xiaomi sensors.

Also while I’m posting how would we get node red updates. Will you guys put it out as part of the Core f/w or can we do it manually (ie in case we don’t want to be guinea pigs early adopters) Also I’m assuming there will a collection of Core based nodes on day 1?

Also I’m rather curious as to why you guys haven’t sent review samples to the usual suspects since you obviously have pre production units in use now. There hasn’t been a single peep from any of the usual tech sites/YT channels.

3 Likes

+1 to this, I definitely think getting some buzz on some on the home automation YouTube communities, like Paul Hibbert or others would go a long way to getting the word out. Especially since the Core is just that, a central augmentation and not a replacement of whatever someone already has, the latter of which can be hard to sell given the crowd-funded nature.

3 Likes

Yes, it’s been tested. And even with Aqara routing devices, which are known to forward packets incorrectly. @markus has been running quite a few of these problem devices in his environment for quite some time with few issues.

Node-RED updates come through the same update channels as CORE. If you choose to apply them and when is up to you. Because Node-RED is available natively, doesn’t mean you must use it if you prefer to run it independently. Both are fine.

This is what we are integrating for MyQ

One of the ways we integrate with HomeKit is in the same way Homebridge does…

1 Like

THIS … is a separate topic. It’s enormous. It will be available shortly.

2 Likes

Just a question, will there be some sort of way that the CORE and the Hubitat would work together. Not sure if it will be needed but just thinking maybe as a secondary device??

There is, the HE hub and all devices on it (custom attributes and commands included) are easily made available on CORE.

6 Likes

Can you guys speed things up? I want “my” CORE now!!! :wink:

6 Likes

This device sounds better and better. Can’t wait for the release.

6 Likes

I just have to say that as we moved through the development of CORE, I’m always wide-eyed and in awe of the features that are possible in smart home automation. It’s amazing how many features were not added in other environments simply because they did not seem significant to the designer. CORE never fails to amaze me.

3 Likes

Ill second that. A big personal frustration of mine has been people telling me what i want is wrong based on their personal views and opinions.

9 Likes

So I was not alone in this​:grin:
Whats about Alexa skill? I know Amazon take quite a lot to let it available.

2 Likes

It’s on our roadmap.

Would the Alexa integration allow us to address any or all of our Alexa devices for TTS or other announcements like Echo Speaks does?

Thank you for the comments. To further elaborate on something that I consider exotic and would be interesting to see how it could be implemented in the Core logic engine.

• 3 Lights in the kitchen.
  • When outside Lux goes down to a set value, 2 of the lights will come on to a low level.
  • When walking into the kitchen, all 3 lights will raise to 100%.
  • After leaving, 1 light will turn off after a few minutes, other 2 will dim.
  • If outside Lux goes over a set level, all lights will turn off, but will turn on if going into kitchen and all will turn off when leaving if lux still at level.
  • At night, if going into kitchen, only 1 light will turn on, but at lowest setting.

Not sure if this makes sense to you ?

The ideal way in the future to create automations would be via voice. Basically just tell the device what to do and it will do it for you, no programming needed :grinning:

1 Like

No, no, no. The ideal way is just think what you want and, shazam, it’s done. :grin:

1 Like

I have this exact rule going on in my kitchen. I use room lux to trigger the automatic on instead of outside lux, but exactly that. It’s somewhat shown in the video. Lights above cabinets turn on to 15%. If someone enters the room, they ramp up to 100% during “home” mode and dim back to 15% after motion has stopped. Can lights might turn on also. I might have taken it a step further as the bright overheads only turn on during dinner hour 5-7 and lux is below a certain threshold. After that, they only turn on if activity exceeds 5 minutes in the room. Which, assumes that something more than a drink of water or snack is happening in the kitchen. At night, the long strip turns off above the cabinets and the second light will only ramp up to 40%. The sink light only turns on when someone is standing at the sink and won’t turn on if mode is not home. Quiet and night modes dictate how the lights interact otherwise, with time being a secondary factor. I love those types of automations. I had this when my Kitchen ran on Hubitat, and, with CORE it was so much easier to set up.
I hope that answers your question?

2 Likes

Native CORE or node-red? Either way, can you post the flow or CORE equivalent?

2 Likes

This definitely does answer my question, but also shows how much I can still do :slight_smile: I have been trying to do something similar to your 5 minute activity timer, but instead I was thinking of using a motion sensor underneath the cabinets as it means you are working on the counter and need more light.

I also second the question of @LosinIt if you can share the flow as I am curious how it looks.

1 Like