And So It Begins

Not yet. Although given the fact we are stuck on previous clues it may not matter yet…

Though one of said clues did suggest that the hunt begins at indiegogo…

2 Likes

I was wondering last night when watching the videos if somehow there was a clue embedded in the video?

Posted to a UK Automation group too, 10k + members, so good luck :+1: And looking forward to my 2. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Oh Wow! I don’t know what to say. That was so nice of you to do. Thanks for your support and confidence! The last 24 hours have been very humbling.

3 Likes

Really great to see this going forward. One question before ordering, will you support local Lutron control with the smart bridge pro?

1 Like

I think this is because each failed transaction counts to the # counter. For instance I am order #23, 24, and 25 but only 25 went through because I had issues with my payment method.

2 Likes

I’m still working on cracking eggs…JK
Just signed up for 1, #78
Very exciting, I’ll have so many hours of my life back not babysitting my little green monster, and wondering when he’ll have the next “tantrum”. Actually he’s been much better over the last month or so

1 Like

#80 in the books. Can’t wait!

local Lutron control with the smart bridge pro will be supported on the CORE.

1 Like

As founders, Oh-La LABS is a small group of home automation enthusiasts who came together as they shared a common interest each with a unique set of skills. Our members are in the United States, China, Australia, and Europe. Our group has a wide presence within the home automation communities. But, as a group, we all wear more than one hat!

Markus takes the lead as group president and head software architect. His role includes taking charge of planning and development paths including active development on the back end of our CORE ( where the magic really happens!). His duties also include working with outside consultants and partners.

Eli is our Lead Developer. He uses his incredible skills and pinpoint eye for detail to develop our beautiful user interfaces that you have been hearing about and seeing in our videos. Eli is also a man of many other talents as he plays an active role in marketing activities too! ( all hail king Eli! )

Jason brings a wealth of business, specifically enterprise knowledge. He is an IT professional and has extensive experience in planning, design, and implementation of Enterprise Architecture. Jason’s problem solving and troubleshooting skills have been paramount. He also carries a large role in business planning and implementation ( someone has got to do it right?)

Rob is the owner of a manufacturing business. He handles a lot of the planning for shipping and marketing research. With a background in IT, he handles a lot of the daily IT maintenance and update tasks that are necessary to keep things alive. Rob also completes a lot of research on what is up & coming and how to reach people through planned marketing strategies.

And finally, I am April. An IT professional with experience in technical and business document writing, customer service including IT technical support. I am essential in making sure the wheels keep moving and things stay in order. I am always busy working on product documentation for the CORE to make sure all features are well described. On a daily basis I work closely with Markus and Eli to make sure that what is being written is a reality of what’s really happening with the CORE. I also maintain all of our community relationships including planning and support duties.

In closing, it may seem like our roles are clearly defined, but we all take an active role in Oh-La LABS success by wearing whatever hat we need that day for success. Period. There is no I in Team. There is no “can’t”. With this laser-guided focused way of thinking, we all remain active. Constantly bouncing ideas around and often put our heads together ( a think tank as you will! ) to get the job done. Noting this is in addition to some of us having active full-time jobs including families but we still managed to make the CORE a reality. This will be a success. Oh-La LABS is our family. You are our family. We are CORE.

8 Likes

Hoppas du får en toppen sommar, hösten kommer snart nog i Sverige som vanligt. Ser fram emot att få höra vad alla tycker om sina CORE när de kommer i höst. Tack!

We have a high-pace of technology adoption, the flexible framework we have created combined with the wealth of open source libraries at our disposal means many things can be integrated into the CORE within just hours of starting an integration. Expect fast adoption.

Technical support is to be partially done in the community, but we will also have a separate support system handling tickets.

Future? We are here to stay and remain agile and innovative :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes.

Both, probably not perfect from day one, but will be tuned over time.

I doubt there are limitations most users will hit. When and if they do, we’ll address them. Do you have an example of an exotic automation you think would be hard to implement?

All these will be Logic Engine templates, we have had a very hard time identifying something which needs to be a separate App.

Just because we don’t call home automatically doesn’t mean we don’t allow the user to INITIATE a call home. So yes, user-initiated communication is required.

Yes, there are even node.js based projects for that particular product, so would be a rather easy integration to write as a third party.

It’s still in concept phase.

6 Likes

Is the Canadian shipping accurate? Its a third of the price of the core. Or is it worst case and may be lower come ship time?

1 Like

I wanted to ask what power plug/adapter this comes with as I may get someone to bring mine from another country. I read that it has a barrel connector but what plug on the other end.

Unfortunately yes, to be honest shipping rates are much higher than we’d like them to be. Parcel shipping prices are very unstable and very high compared to normal. There will be updates to how we will be able to handle this, our intention is that if at all possible this will not be the final shipping cost.
Be on the lookout for updates on this closer to shipping times, we have multiple options and plans for how to handle shipping.

Before shipping we will contact all backers and ask them what type of connector they wish to receive. The default will be for the destination country, but we will take requests.

4 Likes

I have a question, when are these likely to ship?

Thanks @markus

That sounds great with regards to shipping and the power plug.

The timeline on the Indiegogo page says late September for early birds, October for others.

2 Likes

Ah I must have missed that

Not soon enough. :wink:
I need a new toy to play with. :smiley:

2 Likes

The current estimate is October, as stated in the campaign. The only reasons we may see any possible delays are based on external factors, such as continued low-availability of specific chips. We monitor the world-situation and will keep all our backers informed of any changes.

9 Likes