And So It Begins

I have this exact rule going on in my kitchen. I use room lux to trigger the automatic on instead of outside lux, but exactly that. It’s somewhat shown in the video. Lights above cabinets turn on to 15%. If someone enters the room, they ramp up to 100% during “home” mode and dim back to 15% after motion has stopped. Can lights might turn on also. I might have taken it a step further as the bright overheads only turn on during dinner hour 5-7 and lux is below a certain threshold. After that, they only turn on if activity exceeds 5 minutes in the room. Which, assumes that something more than a drink of water or snack is happening in the kitchen. At night, the long strip turns off above the cabinets and the second light will only ramp up to 40%. The sink light only turns on when someone is standing at the sink and won’t turn on if mode is not home. Quiet and night modes dictate how the lights interact otherwise, with time being a secondary factor. I love those types of automations. I had this when my Kitchen ran on Hubitat, and, with CORE it was so much easier to set up.
I hope that answers your question?

2 Likes

Native CORE or node-red? Either way, can you post the flow or CORE equivalent?

2 Likes

This definitely does answer my question, but also shows how much I can still do :slight_smile: I have been trying to do something similar to your 5 minute activity timer, but instead I was thinking of using a motion sensor underneath the cabinets as it means you are working on the counter and need more light.

I also second the question of @LosinIt if you can share the flow as I am curious how it looks.

1 Like

Since you’re looking for something that you can use today and not in October, I’ll give you my hubitat flow. I just tested it and it still works. Forgive me, I can’t seem to fit it in one screenshot.

The second one includes the flow for the doggie lights. Turns on the outside lights to let the doggo out and turn off after you let them back in. The close and open in between leaves the outside light on.

[EDIT]
This one looks like it uses sunset and sunrise for on and off of the cabinets, but lux for when the lights turn on to motion.

1 Like

Holy smokes ! Not sure I would even know where to begin with something like this :rofl:

But thanks for sharing.

Is this the native logic engine or does it use Node red ? i.e. it looks different from what is shown in the campaign video.

I don’t have a dog, but I have a very nifty connected cat door that could be used for similar automation, but let’s face it, the cat has it’s own agenda and doesn´t need me nor lights :slight_smile:

This is what I use: The SureFlap Microchip Pet Door Connect from Sure Petcare

2 Likes

Truer words were never spoken. :rofl:

2 Likes

:rofl:
it’s the native Node-RED build in the CORE. It’s really not that bad once you dig in a bit. The logic engine would help you to wrap your head around the rule much more easily.

2 Likes

We will be working to integrate voice assistants, although we are not certain how advanced that will be at launch yet, it is on our focus to have it perfected by launch or shortly after.

#99 Here!
Was a Kickstarter on V1 Smartthings, when Samsung announced the sunset of V1 and the classic app, I jumped ship to Hubitat. Spent the pandemic transitioning and improving things with HE. The work you guys did on the dashboards was amazing.

Hope to see some awesome integration between HE and Core, so I don’t have to transition things over again.

Two questions:
1 - Will CORE support devs writing and selling their equvilent to apps? Specific example is RBOYs drivers/apps? That’s the one thing I miss from SmartThings

2 - Any chance for a native support for retrying failed commands? For example, I have a goodnight routine in HE. One rule fires off and sets a bunch of device states. It almost never fails that one or two things won’t adjust.

1 Like

Absolutely! We encourage development. We’ve included a full IDE for that reason. We will be offering a storefront in the future for devs to share or sell their applications.

I’m sitting here with Markus working on things and he’s already come up with a way to correct this issue IF it happens. So, I’d say we’re covered in that aspect. No worries there. Just hold that thought and we’ll see if it’s even necessary.

2 Likes

What happens if you don’t meet your campaign target?

If we don’t meet our campaign target, the money goes back. It may cause some delays, but we have alternative ways to make this happen. We have something here that we believe in.

So there’s no risk in backing us.

6 Likes

Oh yeah I will back on payday, just curious what happens in Indiegogo

And that just killed my interest. Shipping should be included in the campaign cost.

There’s just no good way to do that when dealing with international backers.

1 Like

Take a look at this post for the response to the shipping price concerns. I agree it is high and I was one of the luckier ones given I have US shipping.

No it shouldn’t. Why should I have to pay a premium just because of where you live? Or vice versa. Are you ok to contribute towards the cost of shipping to my location in Asia? And how about the extortionate import duties into my country? Care to share those too? No, the product should be prices according to the parts content, manufacturing costs etc and the required margin model the business wishes to operate with and then the specific costs to get it to you should be born by you. This is the fairest way.

As far as I’m concerned the cost of the hub (including shipping and import duties) is actually peanuts anyway compared with the sunk cost of the devices in my home and my time to set it all up. If it gives me a better, quicker, cooler solution then I’m in - whether the shipping is 10 bucks or 40.

8 Likes

Or you and some mates could get a few and split the shipping cost :smiley:

At the quoted cost I’m assuming the guys are using DHL. Hopefully by the time it ships things will have improved with normal international post and this will be a fair bit cheaper (and slower of course)

1 Like

Please just don’t choose a carrier that relies on USPS for the last mile here in the States. Nothing but problems with them for the past year…

1 Like

Can you show the dashboard functionality and will there be direct integration with HomeKit (not having to pass through homebridge)?

1 Like