Someone has to say it!

While I understand and sympathize with OLL for dealing with MANY snags along the way I have to agree with the frustration expressed here. It has been only 4 months, give or take, since we learned that there is this awesome thing called CC on the way but it FEELS like an eternity, and I’m sure it’s more so for someone needing to get a new hub while I’m only wanting a new hub although that could change any minute. :crossed_fingers: Add in that HE has become much less attractive with the way they have treated OLL and the desire to ditch it goes to another level.

There also is knowing, roughly, what CC will be but having no clue when it’ll be available for purchase. That said, if it’s not soon™ maybe it’s better not knowing.

2 Likes

Be warned that might be an early sign of eMMC failure. All 3 of my C-4 hubs showed ever-increasing sluggishness before finally giving up the ghost completely. My theory was that I/O was bogging down due to an increasing amount of wear leveling activity.

Then again, it seems that they can never release an update without major bugs, so who knows…

1 Like

:sob:

“Thanks” for the heads up. I’m really hoping I don’t need to move 100+ ZB devices to the C-7 while waiting for my shinny new CC. Come on eMMC hang in there a few more…

At least if it fails I’ll know what happened, and who to blame :laughing:

EDIT: I found this post interesting.

Seeing how my hubs do not get ‘interwebs’ access, I’m hoping this is my issue. It also kind of stinks that not having internet will caused hub slow downs. WTF is up with that!?

1 Like

With Wireshark I found that the HE tries to reach hubitat.com and an AWS site a LOT and waits ~3 seconds each time it can’t before moving on. My solution is to block those domains with Pi-hole so when HE asks for an address it gets 0.0.0.0 and doesn’t try to access it so it moves along quickly.

1 Like

Hmmm I might need to try that with Untangle. They are blocked, but they just keep hammering away clogging up my logs too.

1 Like

Well, without an “S”, my SAF is a NONISSUE!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

SAF???

HE needs interweb??? isnt that kinda what its supposed to be not about?

MY C7 is behaving weirdly, sometimes it does what its supposed to do and other times it dont… the most basic rules seem to work when they feel like it…

personally i dont have a scooby doo what the OLL product is going to do, but if it has wires and twinkly lights, its got to be worth it …right???

1 Like

Spouse Approval Factor - if your significant other likes what you have done, or not.

That’s pretty much where I’m at too. Even using Node-Red in place of rules, HE just decides sometime it will do it sometimes it won’t. These days it’s a gamble if things will work correctly or not.

2 Likes

Ditto. Running node red, hue and HE. Most of the time it works but there are times when it doesn’t.

I haven’t changed mg set-up at all for ages and I can say it was almost flawless on older builds, the more updates I get the more issues I encounter, which I don’t think is a problem with the update team. I suspect there are fundamental issues with the core architecture that are being band aided to prevent software re-write

2 Likes

The problem is ive automated the front door lock…

This interests me because I haven’t had any problems (that I’m aware of) with my C-5 for several months now. The only problem was Wi-Fi interfering with Zigbee and we can’t blame HE for that.

I moved all my processing to NR some months back. Because it came with a very notable speed improvement I stayed with 2.2.3.135 until last week. It dawned on me that, although there were a ton of issues initially, I hadn’t heard of any for quite some time so I upgraded to 2.2.5.131 knowing that I could go back if it didn’t work out. I’m not using any of the new features and the speed feels the same so, other than being current, nothing has changed. But that in itself is news. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Egg hunting?

1 Like

Gunters is the name given to the Ready Player 1 book’s Egg Hunters. Great book if you haven’t already read it!

2 Likes

Seems its hit and miss. It could just be the devices that don’t play nice because of the way the manufacturer implemented them.

I do plan on doing a big overhaul of my system at some point. Just finding the time. I still love Hubitat and nothing (yet) comes close to it’s capabilities

1 Like

Pretty good movie too, at least if your a gamer and like VR

3 Likes

Hmm so I have to read the book to find the password… :relaxed:

1 Like

try BO55man69 @Cwwilson08

@Cwwilson08 sorry edited it it’s actually BØ55man69

Is it worth learning node red, or do i just wait for lL???

IL?
what is this that you speak of?

Very much so. Yes.

1 Like

I second that. If you have a way to run it with out extra expenses (or a small investment), it’s well worth the time IMO. I could never make complex “rules” the way I can easily make complex “sequences”. It just works better for my brain to show the visual “flow” of the automation, but everyone’s brain works differently.

1 Like