Someone has to say it!

Hmm so I have to read the book to find the password… :relaxed:

1 Like

try BO55man69 @Cwwilson08

@Cwwilson08 sorry edited it it’s actually BØ55man69

Is it worth learning node red, or do i just wait for lL???

IL?
what is this that you speak of?

Very much so. Yes.

1 Like

I second that. If you have a way to run it with out extra expenses (or a small investment), it’s well worth the time IMO. I could never make complex “rules” the way I can easily make complex “sequences”. It just works better for my brain to show the visual “flow” of the automation, but everyone’s brain works differently.

1 Like

I think most of the people here have a computer/server they have running 24/7 already. Most don’t realize this but Node-Red runs great under windows/mac :wink:

3 Likes

I run mine on a headless mini mac. Works great!

It can also run in docker if you have NAS (where I started before moving to the mac)

Totally!

Wait, where was THAT pic???

Yah, you’ve definitely opened my eyes to what can be done in node red.
Thank you!!

3 Likes

:aprils_kiss: right back at ya :wink:

4 Likes

@april.brandt, @RRodman, get a room!

1 Like

So… does that mean CC is running node-red for rules?
My c3 is on the last limb with 100+ devices and I am staying 15 feet away right now.
Even have a cooling fan on it just in case. Running at a freezing temp of 49C!

Nope we have a state/logic engine of our own, BUT we also allow running of node red directly on the core so you can use what you are most comfortable with/feel is most powerful :slight_smile:

6 Likes

tbh, I don’t really.

My Hub, routers, and my WiFI router run 24x7.

I really don’t WANT to have to support a “mission critical” system at my house. Too much of that crap at work. :slight_smile:

I am fine with complex rules (My HE rules have been the subject of some ridicule for that very reason). But, in the end, they generate the actions I want.

And, in general, I’ve never been much of a “picture” person, particularly when it comes to programming–but, programming in 370 assembler language wasn’t a problem. :slight_smile:

current 24/7 devices - UDM, 3 APs, Pi4B, HE, and of course my CC dev unit
My PC is semi 24/7 due to a combination of my sleep schedule, the fact that it currently houses my coral mini pcie chip, and i moved my media drive over to it since it was always on anyway.

Im a big fan of complex rules and flows, so no hate here. You should see some of the flows i have in node red. Just ask april, she loves picking on me about my living room flow whenever i use part of it in an example for something

3 Likes

Yah I just had him send me the whole flow for reference now. Saves time.
:grin:

1 Like

Sorry, been away for a while, i mean OLL not lL

Happy Birthday, April! Glad you were born.

5 Likes