[smartly] bug report and support thread

Hi happy to have you here! To PM (personal message) just tap on the users name, usually from their post then click the Message button. :+1:

Oh yes looks like there is a Variable String, Variable Boolean, Variable Time, Variable Decimal, Variable Number. I’ll add a title or lable mod to those tile types.

I did not see a Tab tile, did you mean Variable Time?

We have heard of a particular error within HPM on certain version HE hubs (C7 possibly?) while others have worked fine. My advice is to try it and if you run into issues, post a screenshot in here. If the error is the same as we’ve seen, we might need you to post into HPM thread at HE community (because we can’t.)

I believe this is related to trust level for new users. As you make more posts, you’ll be allowed to do these things. This prevents a 100% brand new user from creating new topics and posting images, potentially spam. I’ll tag @RRodman and maybe he’ll be able to simply bump that trust level up for you :v:

So I just got the brand new Pixel 5 and as I kind of expected, you folks don’t have that device as an option for calibration. As a result, what former fit 3 tiles across on the old phone, I’m now only getting 2.5.

Can someone remind me on what I need to do to get this fixed?

1 Like

please go to https://whatismyviewport.com and record the values it shows when holding your phone portrait and landscape. we’ll add it to the DB so we can just select it in calibration. thanks!

1 Like

Not sure if it matters, but results with full screen and without

So in full screen chrome it reports (this is how I use the dashboards on my device):
393px x 751px in portrait
754px x 365px in landscape

If I open it up with address bar it reports
393px x 695px in portrait
754px x 309px in landscape

1 Like

Until next release (or hot patch) you can use either of the Pixel 3 calibrations for calibrating portrait mode. Thank you for doing that, I’ll be adding it to the database :v:

1 Like

Just encounter this today.

1 Like

I’ve seen that before, on iOS. Please try this CSS and let me know if it works. If it does, we’ll build into the mod.

.tile.dashboard {
  margin-top: 1em;
  margin-bottom: 1em;
}

Nope had to increase the size of the tile to make it stop.

thanks for reporting! are you on iOS and if so, what version and device?

Can you help @RRodman?

This is on a fire tablet. Fire HD 10 (9th Gen)
Didn’t think to try on my galaxy tab ill try to recreate on the galaxy and see if it does it there too.

1 Like

It didn’t do it on the galaxy tab but one thing that i did notice is that the smartly invisible tile is right where those 2 tiles are. could it be that? i cant seem to be able to get the smartly tab and move it.

1 Like

The injection tile won’t interfere with the layout at all. This is strictly a CSS bug, which I hope I’ll be able to recreate. If you could, PM me your JSON and I’ll take a look!

Sent you a message with the json. tried sending as a txt file but it wouldn’t let me.

1 Like

I remember @techmedx had a thread on HE community that covered this. I’ll see if I can find it and maybe we should recreate it here. It covered using transparent tiles, altering IDs to bring the tiles “forward” and stacking them. NOTE: once you stack tiles, they are abruptly moved to open space when/if using our drag and drop feature.

reposted here HE Dashboard Tile Stacking

@spelcheck thanks for that; very helpful! It would be great if the ability to overlay could be handled through the drag and drop capability you built…

1 Like

yeah I feel you! sadly that’s a limitation of gridstack.js, which handles the actual drag and drop functionality.

when enabling drag and drop mode while having stacked tiles, it will predictably move those stacked tiles to the bottom of the screen, so theoretically you should be able to correct those using the built-in HE manual click placement to get them back to their original positions. IMMC it moves the “top” tiles out of the way.

I hope this helps!

Thanks for this great app and sad to see you’re no longer on HE forums.

I just installed smartly and it looks great. I’ve been working on converting my phone’s dashboard. I use a Samsung S20+ and my wife uses a Samsung S20. We share the same dashboard. As such, I typically leave the “column width” blank so it can fit both our screens.

The issue I have is that for some reason, leaving the “column width” blank makes it scroll a tiny bit to the right (instead of being static). I have 3 columns and they should fit both our screens perfectly. Please any idea on how to fix this? It works fine with my original dashboard.

Another issue I have is with text. For some reason, most of the tile edits work on texts. I tried making it central but the text isn’t centralized. However, changing the color does work. Please any help there would be appreciated.

Finally, using the dimmer mod, when the dimmers are on, it’s hard to see the dimmer level. Any way I can change it to make it a bit more visible? A little bit more white would be great.

Tried to upload a screenshot but the site won’t allow me to.

Thanks!

1 Like