[smartly] bug report and support thread

You could add this CSS to create a touch area for the add tile button. Blue box is the settings touch area, red box would be the tile add touch area. The borders are only to show the touch areas in this screenshot, they are actually hidden.

.dashboard div .header>.flex-auto.justify-end>span:nth-child(2) {
    color: transparent;
    display: inline-block;
    height: 15px;
    position: absolute;
    right: 25px;
    top: 0;
    width: 15px;
    z-index: 99999;
}

I’ll give that a try, thanks!

1 Like

I added that in but the only item that appeared was the green ‘onlne’ icon. I tried looking at the page source code to see what you’re doing to see if I could fix it myself but, alas, I failed. I’m not strong on CSS/Json (PLCs are my bailiwick) and I got lost when I tried to identify the nth-child so that must be something more experienced people understand. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Let’s have you try nth-child(3)…

.dashboard div .header>.flex-auto.justify-end>span:nth-child(3) {
    color: transparent; 
    display: inline-block;
    height: 15px;
    position: absolute;
    right: 25px;
    top: 0;
    width: 15px;
    z-index: 99999;
}

I think I got it but it just wasn’t changing to ‘3’… I tried many things so it wouldn’t just be a ‘it didn’t work’ reply.

• Changing to 3 didn’t show anything different.
  • I tried a 1 and a 4 just to see what happened and only the green checkmark ever showed.
  • I tried a different background, no difference.
  • I changed from transparent to white and noticed that the ‘+’ appeared but it got obscured by the bear claw.
  • I changed the right value to 250px and the ‘+’ moved in and was then selectable.
    edit - oh, for clarity, it was ‘3’ that showed the ‘+’.

At this point there’s a working solution, so please don’t spend anymore time on it, I know you’re busy and appreciate the help. The only thing that didn’t ‘work’ as you described is that it’s still a ‘+’ instead of a block which is no biggie as it gets enabled very infrequently.
Thanks again.

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder, my side project took more time than I expected this weekend. I’ll get these post over here, and updated this week for sure. I’ll also post some of the “Basic to Advanced” grid post too.

1 Like

Sorry to post here but I can’t seem to create a new post and I can’t reply to anything in the lounge. Is there a time based permission to post in the Lounge?

1 Like

tagging @RRodman :hammer_and_wrench:

@stephack it makes sense you might not be able to post new topics, but not sure about Lounge. Is it only the Lounge where you can’t reply?

1 Like

Yeah… looks like it’s only the Lounge. Coincidentally, the only place I want to post at the moment :laughing:

Edit: @spelcheck @RRodman, all good now.

1 Like

No problem either way. The Dashboard still works and looks like it always has on the old iPad. This iPad is just used in my office for Hubitat dashboards and Ring Doorbell Cam alerts and video.

1 Like

Just installed Smartly, I think it is great. Thanks. First question, how do you PM? Trying to get my reading rainbow badge, but can’t seem to figure out how to send PMs.

1 Like

I noticed the Variable Number tiles (and probably all the variable tabs aren’t really supported. Those would be really useful to be able to change the display name of those tiles as Hubitat defaults them to the variable name (which it also doesn’t let you change once you create a variable.

Just coming over the the HE community forum… thanks for your continued work on Smartly! I have a couple of questions, can I still use HPM to obtain the latest versions of Smartly? and secondly… is secondly a general question on how I might go about overlaying buttons on top of a camera feed I have - the buttons are basically PTZ presets … any thoughts appreciated…

I was going to create a separate thread as I’m not sure this really falls under the topic of Smartly support, so feel free to move if more appropriate elsewhere. For some reason I can’t create new posts only reply to existing ones…

**eek… can’t seem to post a screenshot or a link to an image **

Hi happy to have you here! To PM (personal message) just tap on the users name, usually from their post then click the Message button. :+1:

Oh yes looks like there is a Variable String, Variable Boolean, Variable Time, Variable Decimal, Variable Number. I’ll add a title or lable mod to those tile types.

I did not see a Tab tile, did you mean Variable Time?

We have heard of a particular error within HPM on certain version HE hubs (C7 possibly?) while others have worked fine. My advice is to try it and if you run into issues, post a screenshot in here. If the error is the same as we’ve seen, we might need you to post into HPM thread at HE community (because we can’t.)

I believe this is related to trust level for new users. As you make more posts, you’ll be allowed to do these things. This prevents a 100% brand new user from creating new topics and posting images, potentially spam. I’ll tag @RRodman and maybe he’ll be able to simply bump that trust level up for you :v:

So I just got the brand new Pixel 5 and as I kind of expected, you folks don’t have that device as an option for calibration. As a result, what former fit 3 tiles across on the old phone, I’m now only getting 2.5.

Can someone remind me on what I need to do to get this fixed?

1 Like

please go to https://whatismyviewport.com and record the values it shows when holding your phone portrait and landscape. we’ll add it to the DB so we can just select it in calibration. thanks!

1 Like

Not sure if it matters, but results with full screen and without

So in full screen chrome it reports (this is how I use the dashboards on my device):
393px x 751px in portrait
754px x 365px in landscape

If I open it up with address bar it reports
393px x 695px in portrait
754px x 309px in landscape

1 Like

Until next release (or hot patch) you can use either of the Pixel 3 calibrations for calibrating portrait mode. Thank you for doing that, I’ll be adding it to the database :v:

1 Like