Getting up and running with zigbee2mqtt and a CC2652RB stick

Is it that ST outlets dont play well with xiaomi/aquara generally, or ONLY when both are paired on Hubitat?

I only have the ST outlets and some Aqara Opple zigbee switches (which incidentally work great and look very nice) on z2m with no issues whatsoever.

As the xiaomi sensors are picky about repeaters they don’t play nice together on HE. (unfortunately not sure about when they’re on z2m) .

1 Like

Hey @aaiyar

Are you able to post your link quality flow, as seen in the first post. It will save me making 100 errors. Just from the “device - linkquality - last_seen” will be OK. Thanks mate.

FYI. The Aquara/Xiaomi devices dont play with the SmartThings sockets. I’ve had the Xiaomi devices fall off the CC2652RB network, but since I’ve removed the SmartThings socket, they have stayed online.

2 Likes

I have been following this thread for a while and because of the instability of my HE hub (have to reboot once a week because it eats memory and then just starts going crazy, hangs/shuts down the zigbee network) I decided to buy a SONOFF Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus.

I received it about 2 weeks ago and have been steadily (cautiously is more like it) moving my devices to it. All I can say is I can kick my own butt for not doing it sooner! What a difference, my devices and hub have been up with no reboots and no slowdowns.

I think the biggest compliment though was when my wife asked “what did you do, the lights come on so much faster now”.

If you’re on the fence about doing it like I was, do yourself a favor and try it, I only paid $15.64 for it shipped right to my door! Worth every penny!

I’m happy that you’re finding more efficient ways to do things. That’s precisely why this community exists. A group of people wanting to improve the performance and quality of our smart homes. I look forward to hearing more about your projects.