Getting up and running with zigbee2mqtt and a CC2652RB stick

Thanks. Figured it might be useful for someone else in the same position.

1 Like

Thanks for this - I didn’t know there was a dashboard available. Having to edit the yaml file gets old really quick.

I run mine from a CC2531 stick ATM and only for those pesky Ikea dimmer switches, but your post is starting to convince me to get a conbee instead (if not mistaken the conbee has greater range than the CC2531).

I’m a bit bummed that @markus may have difficulty in supporting his drivers in the future (hopefully OLL will make a donation page available for a fresh hub :grin: to keep this going.)

1 Like

Second that… just started using the drivers as I finally got 2 Xiaomi light sensors

2 Likes

While I appreciate your idea I don’t think it would fly. Marcus has plenty of $$$ to get a 2nd HE so that’s not the issue. I’m also confident that he’s had offers from others to purchase a HE and send it to him. I believe that ethics preclude him, or any of the OLL staff, from accepting such an offer as it would be a violation of HE’s TOS. In my mind this is a huge upside for OLL as they are walking the walk on being open, honest, and transparent, unlike the coughownercough of HE.

1 Like

There will be one of sorts soon. Crowdfunding will be getting under way. It’s not a bad way to show your support and risk free. And, at the same time, thank you for all of your kind words and continued support up to now. We appreciate all of you. More than you know.

3 Likes

I believe the games software industry has already tried that.

And? To what end? I have no interest in games so I’m clueless as to what you refer.

1 Like

I’m with you. @markus has made a decision that he is ethically comfortable with. And has (rightly) decided to focus on OLL projects moving forward.

Proposing a course of action that lies outside of bounds he is ethically comfortable with is disparaging and non-productive. Let’s not keep revisiting this.

Thanks and peace out!

4 Likes

Thank you @aaiyar. It’s time to move forward with our project and keep this thread on topic.

2 Likes

I was simply attempting to point out that the games software industry has in the dark past attempted to prevent the creation of a used games market with restrictive licensing terms. Whether you can be in practice prevented from selling/transferring what you own, well I’ll leave that to the real lawyers.

But as @april.brandt rightly says, moving on…

1 Like

@aaiyar

Do you know of any way to get Google Home integration with devices within this zigbee network? Do you know of any way to get Node Red devices into HE?

I don’t use Google Home. But getting them to HE is easy. Just create HE virtual devices that are exposed to NR.

Then use sequences that mirror the state of the physical devices to the virtual devices. Works a treat for sensors, plugs, button controller and rgbw bulbs.

For things like bulbs and outlets, I have other sequences that use state changes in the virtual device as commands to change the physical device.

3 Likes

@aaiyar I was wondering are you using a zigbee keypad or zigbee doorlock with this setup at all? If so any issues etc?

Sorry for the extended delay in replying. Yes, I did put my YRL226 on there. DIdn’t play with it much, but it works!

1 Like

@aaiyar would you mind sharing your NR flows for this project? I’d like to take a look as thinking about having a play. Also might be good for others to copy in rather than just the pics.

1 Like

Will take care of this today. I’ve been really busy at work - unexpectedly so!

Sorry about the delay!

2 Likes

Thanks mate. Greatly appreciated :blush:

@aaiyar I got it all up and running now it was a good exercise. If you can share the presence component with me I will add that in too but otherwise it works well :slight_smile:

Ordered on Feb 6. Delivered today. Probably went via Mars and then the Suez Canal.

Time for some fun. I’ve been not-patiently waiting for this to arrive, so as to fix the zigbee issues with HE and Aquara devices (and smarthings sockets).

2 Likes

I moved all my ST outlets (I have only a few) to Z2mqtt and have no issues with any xiaomi/aqara stuff anymore.