Device Support ~ Anything Goes

No politics, no favorites. Just radical inclusion.

THrough the combination of Oh-La LABS development and the adoption of leading-edge open-source projects, at last glance we have around 2300 supported devices and counting. Our focus is not just getting devices on a list, but to ensure they work. The improvements we make are shared back to the projects we adopt. Period.

9 Likes

Including the dreaded xiaomi devices?

We donā€™t dread them. They will work better. They may not be perfect, but they will be close. Our developers have taken into account the incorrect routing messages that they put out and the system also responds to all messages. Troubled devices have been sort of a priority for us.

That being said, we will make every effort to optimize troubled devices. A couple of us do have them running with very little issue at this point.

5 Likes

I think these sort of devices (including Tuya type devices) will be the future of a lot of smart homes. I think they will be popular as they perform well for the price.

2 Likes

question about the centralite dual zigbee/zwave plugs. I have heard these devices may have a zigbee command to activate the zwave pairing side. Any chance such a thing is possible with the core?

Along the same lines, how do those plugs, namely Iris 3210-L/L2, work on the Core? I know that the Zigbee side is very good, but the Z-Wave side was very hit and miss on HE. Any better luck when using the Core?

I own 8 of these. We havenā€™t addressed them ā€¦ yet. But we will.

4 Likes

hows about tts / announcement devices? Is there plans for this?

Also Google and Echo integrations - will they be full featured or just functionally basic?

Though I imagine the built in node-red integration should make this simple now that I typed the thought outā€¦

1 Like

I think youā€™re right with this.
I just bought one of these to try on HE and I quite like the design. Quite a small device that can be fitted on ceilings and walls.
I have it working in HE with a custom driver that is throwing an error but is working ok so Iā€™ve decided to put blinkers on and ignore the error.

Iā€™m wondering if we can politely ask if certain devices are going to be included or whether we can provide early fingerprints etc. to get them included.
Either way Iā€™m sure @markus will do all he can as he did with the Xiaomi/Aqara devices.

1 Like

Nice, I was just telling @april.brandt the other day that I ordered a couple of those motion sensors as they look great! I believe they are whitelabeled Sonoffs :slight_smile:

1 Like

What about the more interesting and generally less supported items like robot vacuums and more hardware from the xiaomi ā€˜universeā€™. A lot of cool stuff which would be even cooler if they could be disconnected from their home base.

I thought they looked familiar. I couldā€™ve sworn you had shown me these the other day when we talked. Nice!

1 Like

Also will the dashboard be able to display live camera feeds at more than 1fps. What support will be available for cameras?

Does this apply to routing via repeaters? Currently on HE the xiaomis will just fall off if the repeater they are connected to fails. (real life - happened to me last night when a repeater went off line :unamused:)

I was just discussing this with Markus because I knew that this line (Xiaomi/Aquara/Mija) of devices would be a hot topic. A few of us have them on our systems and theyā€™re working well.
Iā€™m going to explain this in a very basic way. So, how I understood it is these little guys put out some extra string of code that seems very random. This is why Markusā€™ drivers were necessary in Hubitat. CORE processes everything it gets from them, and responds, so with an additional bit of code that Markus worked out they are almost perfect. Close to perfect. Theyā€™ve been very stable for us, but we will continue to run them in our environments long term. Even @RRodman reports that his Cube (which hasnā€™t been supported elsewhere) is also working well. Itā€™s encouraging.
Since our goal is to have a system that is all-inclusive, Iā€™m confident that weā€™ll pay attention to devices such as this. Although there will always be some difficulty that we canā€™t foresee, I donā€™t anticipate them getting written off. And to answer your question, weā€™ll work to keep those repeaters connected as well.

3 Likes

Cool - my repeater failed because it was left unplugged :open_mouth:. When I put it back online all the connected sensors had to be re-paired (they did not rejoin the mesh either when the repeater failed). Another good reason to go Core!

Final question - will it be possible to create 2 separate zigbee networks (with either an additional conbee or CC2XXX sticks).

My Xiaomi cube runs faultlessly on HE. Stays connected no problem for months when I donā€™t use it and works reliably first time when I do. Quite surprising really. I use IKEA repeaters and my Gledopto lamps are on Hue. Prior to doing these changes I did used to have problems keeping my Xiaomi gear connected.

1 Like

Good to know. Rob had nothing but problems with his cube. I stand corrected.

I want to add some more to this, I also have the Aqara Cubes, they did work flawlessly on HE with the IKEA repeaters I have, even though some other sensors did drop. I now have 0 issues in the same environment. For these devices it depends a lot on the repeaters, but also on the controller. We have seen many ā€œproblematicā€ combinations of devices work very well with CORE.
As many of us here are painfully aware of there are many factors to consider in order to have a good Zigbee mesh, we do our very best to make it easier to reach that.

7 Likes

Is there plans for thermostat functionality. As in the smarts in the core controlling an otherwise dumb thermostat?

Will there be any plans for konnected integrations for alarm panels?