Calling All Testers

With the API publicly available I’m really surprised there isn’t a better integration for NR available. I know its not NR, but have you checked into HA to see if they have any solutions for it? If they have an integration through the add on store for it you may be able to run it as a standalone container and access the data via Mqtt etc inside of node red in a more usable state.

Just as a curious comment not a dig - What makes CORE different than using Conbee and Node red on a pi if you’re going to keep Node Red as the default automation system?

1 Like

My question too :slight_smile:

I already have one of my boxes (x96max plus with the same hardware spec) running NR mosquito, Zigbee & Z-wave with z-wave & zigbee usb attached

i dont know what the official stance is, for me though it is having all this stuff setup and working out of the box. No spending hours getting my environment proper for it all to work. I see it as being a huge timesaver for me. I find my free time to be valuable and do not want to spend it all fiddling with my devices.

3 Likes

I know, right?! Though my system is in the low-moderate range of sophistication it feels iffy because there isn’t a week that goes by where something doesn’t need attention.

3 Likes

Node red will not remain the default. Again this is initially a HARDWARE beta, the main goals being ensuring the hardware, OS, drivers, and underlying technologies are all working properly and bug free together. Once that is completed we will move on to the next phase and you will start getting the real CORE software goodies :slight_smile:

9 Likes

CORE will be a consumer product so it should be easy to use once it goes public. I don’t see it as a replacement for a RPi with HA and whatever other packages you might need. They will have completely different “audiences”.

That being said, I hope NR won’t go away once CORE goes into production.

It’s my understanding that it will always be there as an option.

4 Likes

Ah thats good, I hear Conbee is relatively easy, the difficult bit is all the config for NR etc…

Thanks for the clarity, I must have misread. Much appreciated

1 Like

As I didn’t volunteer to be a beta tester I was wondering what stage the project is in currently? Have any units shipped to testers? How long is the beta period meant to be?

1 Like

Due to some COVID lockdowns and shipping freezes, COREs were delayed. They are just getting ready to ship. Beta period is yet to be determined.