Calling All Testers

You missed the last sentence there.
I wouldn’t worry about that. When OLL discusses users, we discuss beginners/intermediate/advanced. I’d say you’re not a beginner. There are a good mix of users signed up for beta. You’re not on your own with this and there’s no I in team. This week, we’re working on making things more user friendly. The need for the tools is for us to direct you if we need more information. If I can do this, you certainly can too. The only PM I want from you is your interest in beta. My door is open.

Hope I am not too late to join the Beta. Just spent two days migrating Z-Wave device to the new C7 hub on HE. Now I havefresh memory of where the devices as re located around the house so bring on the Beta.

Exciting time…

I’d love to be a tester!
Been waiting for core for a while!

Hello, April,
I’d love to be a tester for you!
Just let me know
Dave Haffner

Please count me in. I’ve had quite enough of unreliable …

1 Like

Wow! I’ve been waiting for this moment for a while.

Please send me the details and information.

Cheers!

Count me in as I would like to be a beta tester.

I am interested!

Sweet! Please send me the details.

Anyone who is interested needs to send me a pm. I’m not adding people from comments here. Sorry.

3 Likes

I’m still a little uneasy about the removal of the UI, both the reasons why and the impact that has for testing.
Rules creation, overview, debugging and editing for example.

That kinda implies a link between component availability and features enabled in this testing version

1 Like

I want to reassure you that there is a lot that is going under the hood since our IGG campaign. We’ve included the necessary tools to get things going very easily. There is a user interface experience which is comprised of available tools. Among them Node-RED. The final touches before beta are geared towards having a more seamless experience. It’s not as beautiful as the CORE UI will be. Once we have the final details with pricing and timeframe, we’ll set up some face-to-face meetings to discuss everything. Once we make all of the connections and/or feature changes according to what is popular and requested in beta, we’ll button things up in the CORE GUI so that you can have the full package.

We’ve been up front about component availability. It’s given us more time to make CORE a more versatile product for our users. In its current state now, CORE is an amazing home automation tool. Reliability is an absolute priority. UI is of the utmost importance, but we must make sure that our system remains stable in the wild before we wrap it in pretty colors and add sleek buttons. Our goal is perfection. And it can’t be rushed. One thing at a time.

9 Likes

Yes, it does, but can you point to any industry that isn’t suffering the same limitations in this era of chip shortages? The automobile industry leaps to mind and, offhand, I can’t think of any that are spared.

2 Likes

Will there be any option to flex our developer skills on the beta version of the hub? Not a deal-breaker by an means, I have enough projects and backlog of work I want to do on… another platform… but would be interested to try it out on Core if it was available.

1 Like

When the time comes will I get to go hunting for clues to an egg that has the purchase link in it??

:upside_down_face:

4 Likes

For sure! Yes. Yasss, Si.
:grin:

2 Likes

When time comes, I’ll be handing the package to you topped with a fluffy bow. I’ll need you to conserve your energy for bug hunting.

6 Likes

I want a cherry on top! :grin:
:ice_cream:

5 Likes

tumblr_20da0e23ed2e8a53d6de7575a08af11d_663488e5_540

Jealousy :joy:

2 Likes

Withings, but that’s more to do with the integration complexity and the nice app for it in HE.