AU/NZ Deals

No never tried it. Interesting, are they using non-standard Zigbee communications?

EDIT: what devices are you trying to pair?

I don’t have any yet, but was looking at buying some, but others are having difficulties - on the HE forum there is ongoing discussion re if they are working or not… will report back when/if we figure if they are worthy of consideration as ZB3.0 devices

1 Like

Excellent if you could that would be great that and the list of devices being used.

i’m grabbing a bunch from my mercator rep shortly, so we can get them tested & supported. its great to have an approved range of ZB3.0 products from a reputable supplier in AU at last - so i hope they live up to our expectations…

2 Likes

Amazing deal. I was told they are still flashable with Tuyaconvert as well.

https://www.harveynorman.com.au/connect-smart-10w-e27-white-led-light-bulb-x5-bundle.html

Can we do OTA? NVM :smiley:

More importantly can anyone confirm it is actually flashable? A the 5 pack price this I’ll use this in place of hue bulbs.

EDIT: These are NOT OTA flashable at all unless there’s some special trick to them. Just spent an hour trying.

Wow, means stock across different stores has and hasn’t been upgraded then as a friend only recently got some. I was surprised when he told me too. I said to him it’s a gamble whenever you buy Tuya WiFi devices now to flash… unless you order pre-flashed with Tasmota from China :slight_smile:

The HN price sticker has a date code on it. I guess if we can decode the date it might be possible to check for older stock, but tbh not sure I can really be bothered to go through all that trouble for a few bulbs :wink:

1 Like

@jchurch hey I see the Mirabello genio wifi bulbs are 1/2 price at Woolies this week (looks like a 2 pack for $9/$12.50). Any feedback on using tuya convert on these?

Do you mean these ones? I noticed they were recently added to Tasmota templates so highly likely flashable OTA.

Packaging is a bit different but yes - seems good value for the money at those prices (for some reason the B22’s cost more than the E27s)

1 Like

Sorry my bad. The colour bulbs are $12.50 and the white (ES/BC) are $9. I just got a colour pack for testing and will report back if successful.

EDIT - First off - these are single packs, cunningly packaged to look like 2. Also they won’t flash either, according to ESPHome - the new bulbs packed in cardboard use a different chipset. So looks like tasmota based bulbs are soon to be a thing of the past. I’m sticking to zigbee (LIFX simply too expensive)

1 Like

I purchased two of these clocks a few weeks back and my wife and I have been very happy with them. Great deal as well e.g. two for $99. Anyways I figured i’d share the link.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/lenovo-smart-clock-essential