AU/NZ Deals

Bargain price for the Schlage Zigbee door lock over at JBHIFI see here. It ends on 11th Nov 2020. I have one of these locks and I can confirm it works flawlessly, I have had it installed for about 13-14months now and it’s still running on the same 4 x AA batteries that came with it. I highly recommend.

3 Likes

Another great deal too is the Nest Protect (wired) smoke alarms. Hopefully soon Google will allow us to use their API with it but for now Homebridge kind of fills that gap.

1 Like

Thanks, I just pulled the trigger on this lock. I ummed and arred, and waited too long (when you posted it for ~$260 last time). Pretty excited actually!

2 Likes

Same i think i might get one this time.

2 Likes

Actually i don’t think these will work with mine seeing as i have my handle and deadlock all in one. Do you have a separate handle for yours Jason?

Here’s how mine looks. I have the handle for the door seperate. My door is huge it’s 2400 (H) and 1200 (W) so I ordered that stainless handle seperately.

2 Likes

That’s not a bad idea having a separate handle that dosn’t actually turn. I could probably do the same thing i think. :thinking: :thinking:

1 Like

Actually it does appear to work with homebridge and node red (I just deployed mine which has been sitting in its box for some time)

1 Like

Yeah it works when polling from NodeRed but it doesn’t work for me with events which is a shame, however it’s more than I had previously e.g nothing :wink:

From the picture it seems you have the perfect door for it (similar to mine) so I say go for it :slightly_smiling_face:

I just tested it and events work just fine. I’m using node-red-contrib-homebridge-automation

1 Like

Cool. Didn’t work for me same nodes :frowning: it is possible though as I have it firewalled off that it wants me to open a bunch of ports. I tried a few and couldn’t make it work so gave up lol.

EDIT: I do have my NodeRed, Homebridge and Protects in the same zone so it should have just worked but it didnt. Once Google release the new API though to support these I can remove all of that anyways :slightly_smiling_face:

I have homebridge and the Nest protect on the same subnet (I assume that’s what you mean. NR and HB are also installed on the same pi). Obviously I didn’t have to open any ports.

I understood from one of the guys on the other forum that google had a (poor imo) reason/excuse for not including the nest in its API so I’m don’t have high hopes (at least in the short term)

I have multiple VLANs (zones) with things configured everywhere so this doesn’t suprise me but all good :slight_smile:

I think it will come officially it’s just a matter of when. Either way I’m happy to wait it’s more of a nice to have than a requirement :+1:

1 Like

You might want to check if the keypad will cover the post holes on the outside face! I have a feeling it wont cover!

2 Likes

You are correct i took it off earlier today to have a look and a measure and realised there is two holes :sob: I’m sure there’s other options i’ll have to check out.

Just as i thought!
Unfortunately, i dont think ive seen a smart lock that will cover all the holes in your door from the tri-lock!

Good excuse for a new door! :grinning:

1 Like

If I had a door that I couldn’t make it work with then yep I’m ripping it out and getting a new door :joy::rofl:. I was lucky though as I said to my builder here is my lock so it was all installed new together phew.

1 Like

I’ll be doing the same to my front door when im ready!

1 Like