AU/NZ Deals

How do you think these compare to the Yale Assure SL? I prefer the look of the Yale and the lack of a key hole but I have no idea about which works better.

I ordered the lock yesterday, and it arrived at 10am this morning. Installing now. Pretty good for $6 postage.

4 Likes

Ive not had experience with any smart lock (yet), but i do believe the yales are supported out the box by HE.
So would say that there should be no issues so long as you had a decent mesh depending on your version (zwave/zigbee)

1 Like

It seems many of the door locks use the generic lock drivers built in being zigbee or zwave. I checked Yale on the HE site and here’s the list. I can confirm the Schlage zigbee lock also uses the zigbee generic lock driver and operates without issue.

2 Likes

Any tips? DO you use the HE app Lock code manager (or something), or just manage via the device page? Any quirks to the device?

I have a double door so i need two :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

On the non active leaf, what handle do yo have? if any?

Join the lock to your zigbee mesh and use the generic zigbee doorlock driver. You can add and delete lock codes from the driver. You can then use lock code manager (LCM) if you want after but you don’t have too. I rarely use LCM unless your going to be using things like disable on date, single use from there etc. You will see what I mean when it’s loaded.

No it’s pretty straight forward. I can advise that it like the Iris keypad requires a solid zigbee mesh otherwise it can fall off. I had that in the beginning until I added the IKEA repeaters but otherwise it just works but I am sure your well covered there.

1 Like

Nothing on the on the other door it’s even dumber than the main one lol.

Should only have to replace the active leaf! as you can re-use the latch hole for the new deadbolt!
This is assuming of course your considering a new door!!

Just seen on Amazon AU the Yale assure sl can be had for $225.78 with Prime!!!
Buy a zigbee module locally and still comes in cheaper than buying lock here

I’m nilly 100% a new door won’t be getting approved hahaha.

1 Like

hahaha Fair enough!
Doors ain’t cheap!!

Kick the door in and say “oh look we need a new one! what a shame!” :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

How did you go mate?

Yep, all good. I’ve got it integrated into Hubitat, and Node Red. Seems to work well. Thanks for the tip!

Currently trialing locking the door (internal door to garage) when that door is shut AND the Garage Door is shut AND all motion sensors in garage report inactive (delayed 2 mins).

2 Likes

Any chance you have a photo of the inside of the door?
Im looking at putting on the the same door, (internal to garage) and the mrs is not overly keen with the size of the internal face of the lock!! (for that door anyway)

Sure.

2 Likes

Thanks - Will show mrs!!

New certified switches dropping soon in Australia, it’s good to see more and more stuff dropping locally isn’t it.

3 Likes