And So It Begins

Please just don’t choose a carrier that relies on USPS for the last mile here in the States. Nothing but problems with them for the past year…

1 Like

Can you show the dashboard functionality and will there be direct integration with HomeKit (not having to pass through homebridge)?

1 Like

Just pre-ordered 2 x Collective CORE Early Bird. :smiley:

4 Likes

Just bought two early bird ones…

2 Likes

@Jdorman, @autolog, and @Busta999, welcome to the OLL community!

@Jdorman , @autolog @Busta999
If you want to claim your backer’s badge please post here.
We don’t auto award them.
Thank you for your support and welcome to the community!

#45 for me.

1 Like

DHL is one of the couriers we will use, shipping to multiple international destinations in an efficient, reliable and cost-efficient way is a complex operation. The details will vary with the recipient and the current situation in the world at the time of shipping.

The Device Manager is a Dashboard with tiles.

We do not require an additional device to integrate with HomeKit. CORE is all you need.

3 Likes

I am interested in seeing the “Dashboard/Device Manager” on a mobile phone or tablet screen to imagine the possibilites. Also, will I be able to connect remotely without the need for VPN ?

The UI is under active development and changes every day. It will be a bit before we go deep into previewing those features.

As of today, you would need a VPN to connect to CORE. We may consider something later, but defeats the purpose to stay truly local. This is also one reason we baked in Wireguard. No extra complications. Scan a QR code and done.

5 Likes

Will WireGuard be tied to only the CORE IP or allow access to all the network ?

By default, it will be tied to only CORE. But you can configure it to access anything in your network. It’s not locked down. By setting the default as such, it will keep the less experienced user secure until they learn more about how the configurations work.

4 Likes

Does the Logic Engine have maths functionality?

1 Like

Yes. Although we’re not sure in what kinds of flows or how complex it needs to be yet. When we get to adding this to the UI, it will become easier to pinpoint real usage. How are you currently using math in your smart home logic?

1 Like

Both simple math (+, -, / ,x) + things like average/max/min + random numbers

(Also string functions like split/concatenation for good measure)

CORE has you covered! Although you will find that many of those functions won’t ever be needed thanks to “smart” filtering of device data, you can rest assured that most you would ever need will be able to be found in our filters. (or easily added in one way or another :wink:)

6 Likes

Haversine formula for spherical distance from latitude and longitude coordinates (for geofence distance):

distance(lat1, lon1, lat2, lon2):
p = pi/180
a = 0.5 - cos((lat2 - lat1) * p)/2 + cos(lat1 * p) * cos(lat2 * p) * (1 - cos((lon2 - lon1) * p))/2
return 12742 * asin(sqrt(a))

Do you find the curvature of the Earth factors in to your geofencing decision-making? Curious to know the scenario… once I’m outside of 20 miles the logic ends.

1 Like

Don’t know the answer to that. I just used the Haversine formula because I had the coordinates in latitude, longitude, and the formula gave the answer. I had such a hard time getting presence to work on another platform that I left things alone once I got it to work after flailing about.

backer #124 - woohoo very exciting guys!!! all the work so far is coming to light. now comes the fun part: delivery/execution.

1 Like