ZWaveJS2mqtt

Yes, I initially set it at 2, see first image in OP.

inject node but you will need know what to inject
i’d click refresh to see what gets updated in mqtt, you’ll know where to look by the numbers associated.

This is what is injected from CORE, when I hit refresh.

You’ll need to check that in mqtt explorer and get the associated topic and put that in. Stand by while I check my stuff.

1 Like

You need to determine what information you want to harvest. Your inject node is based on that topic to obtain the updated information. You don’t use refresh. You inject the right topic into the node to get the information you want.
Example with a topic (NOT YOUR TOPIC)

MQTT

Output will be this:

Flow will be this

[{"id":"7c19025041164c57","type":"mqtt out","z":"e4adabdc2884f961","name":"","topic":"zwave/Basement/LaundryMulti/49/","qos":"","retain":"","respTopic":"","contentType":"","userProps":"","correl":"","expiry":"","broker":"3f792c51bc3d4765","x":680,"y":1160,"wires":[]},{"id":"980e1157a1d4e46e","type":"mqtt in","z":"e4adabdc2884f961","name":"","topic":"zwave/Basement/LaundryMulti/49/0/#","qos":"2","datatype":"json","broker":"3f792c51bc3d4765","nl":false,"rap":true,"rh":0,"inputs":0,"x":410,"y":1280,"wires":[["e05bdb063af6d3ac"]]},{"id":"e05bdb063af6d3ac","type":"debug","z":"e4adabdc2884f961","name":"","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"false","statusVal":"","statusType":"auto","x":790,"y":1300,"wires":[]},{"id":"24975b4bd7ceeb35","type":"inject","z":"e4adabdc2884f961","name":"","props":[{"p":"payload"}],"repeat":"10","crontab":"","once":true,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"","payload":"","payloadType":"date","x":410,"y":1160,"wires":[["7c19025041164c57"]]},{"id":"3f792c51bc3d4765","type":"mqtt-broker","name":"CORE Clean1","broker":"10.10.2.1","port":"1883","clientid":"","autoConnect":true,"usetls":false,"protocolVersion":"5","keepalive":"60","cleansession":true,"birthTopic":"","birthQos":"0","birthPayload":"","birthMsg":{},"closeTopic":"","closeQos":"0","closePayload":"","closeMsg":{},"willTopic":"","willQos":"0","willPayload":"","willMsg":{},"sessionExpiry":""}]

This is an example. You will need to set up with your values

1 Like

Once you get the information, then you need to tell it where to put it. Where are you wanting the information to display?

[EDIT]
You want to determine which group of numbers from zwavejs2mqtt so you know where to look in explorer.

@Mike
Edited instructions above. Please recheck

1 Like

Sorry to be all late and wrong to the party… But if I might step in here and blow your minds…

ZwaveJS2Mqtt supports native inbuilt polling without the need for any external solutions. :wink:

https://zwave-js.github.io/zwavejs2mqtt/#/device-support/polling

1 Like

Yes, thanks. That’s exactly what I needed. New to zwave, didnt really know about that.

it’s all working now. It’s updating only that one item (so not the whole bunch). It’s publishing it to a special mqtt topic, and it’s updating on my dashboard. And also my hue light, which turns green for export, red for import (day light hours only).

2 Likes

The help from @april.brandt and @RRodman is just top notch here. Thanks.

2 Likes

What’s weird is that the node in question is Node 15 - power energy monitor.

My node 9 (a bed room switch in a exact opposite end of the house) seemed to take the settings from Node 15. So Node 9 was reporting every 10 seconds, when I wanted Node 15 to report every 10 seconds. I noticed this in the logs when chatting with April. I attempted to turn it off, but there was no setting for Node9 for that particular class. I tried re-interviewing node, clear associations, update topics and clear retained. I also removed all the mqtt topics for that node.

In the end, I had to exclude and include Node 9 to get it to stop reporting power usage every 10 seconds. I attempted to clear everything, but to no avail, so last resort was exclude/include.

1 Like

Update: Zwave stick decommissioned on HE.

3 Likes

I’ve seen cases where the traffic gets to be more than the mesh can handle and you get strange issues like commands not going through. Sometimes it doesn’t take much. There are only a few things that can cause that. Chatty devices, rogue devices, or polling too frequently. When things begin to bottleneck in your mesh, you get issues where exclusion or unplugging a device is the only route to clear.

Please, please be mindful of this. CORE can handle this without complaint, but your devices/radios can suffer in trying to route too much data. Also keep in mind that Z-Wave will only make 4 hops between device and controller. If it doesn’t make it in 4, then it fails. This is why it’s important to choose good, strong devices for your mesh. Consider this “The Rule of 4”.

If you don’t have a couple of repeaters that support beaming, I’d suggest them. They really take a lot of load off of other devices.

I have 3Aeotec repeater 6’s. One in the same room as the radio, two in areas opposite each other in the house. Best investment ever.

1 Like