Zwavejs2mqt Officially Renamed!

Its finally happened… They have officially changed the name to Z-Wave JS UI

1 Like

Now we wait for Z-wave JS 10.X to settle in a bit… had some issues and decided to back off for a while.

Sticking to one of my standard guidelines of not installing a .0 release I’ll let the rest of you beta test. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Let’s wait for Markus to review this before you upgrade. Dragons may be here.

They would have to unless they do a manual install as the repositories etc changed…

2 Likes

I unintentionally broke my guideline. I run zw2m in a Docker container and I updated it yesterday thinking the renamed release would require a new install. Nope, I now have Z-Wave JS UI 8.0 in the same old container and it’s working fine. YMMV

Oh thats not good… When I made the post you had to specify the new ones to get the new version…

Thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

Could be the case outside of Docker. :man_shrugging:

I haven’t searched for release notes (because they generally are hard to find even if they exist) but I don’t see a difference other than the name change.

The new version targets Z-wave JS 10.2… not sure if it requires it or only requests it, but that’s what I read from here:

That’s what came in the updated Docker image.

Learned my lesson with the 10.X branch… going to wait a couple of months before considering it again. Curious to hear how it goes for you…