ZigBee MmWave Human Presence Motion Sensor With Luminance/Distance Detection

My order finally arrived today. This is the wall-mount Zigbee version.

Model: WZ-M100-W
Working voltage: USB 5v
Sensing distance: 0.3-9m (default 6m)
Illuminance sensor: 0-2000 LUX
Working temperature: -20’c ~ +70’c
Size: 58mm x 58mm x 11mm

I’ve read that its compatible with Z2M but it doesn’t appear to fully work - its certainly not recognised. I’m running v1.28.2 of Z2M.

Nov 28 12:24:07.416266 Collective-Core conmon[22426]: Zigbee2MQTT:warn 2022-11-28 12:24:07: Received message from unsupported device with Zigbee model ‘TS0601’ and manufacturer name ‘_TZE204_ztc6ggyl’
Nov 28 12:24:07.418567 Collective-Core conmon[22426]: Zigbee2MQTT:warn 2022-11-28 12:24:07: Please see: Support new devices | Zigbee2MQTT
Nov 28 12:24:07.422419 Collective-Core conmon[22426]: Zigbee2MQTT:info 2022-11-28 12:24:07: MQTT publish: topic ‘zigbee2mqtt/0xf4b3b1fffec9b214’, payload ‘{“last_seen”:1669638247413,“linkquality”:105}’

It looks like there’s an imminent release due 1st December that should include support (it certainly appears to be covered in zigbee-herdsman-converters/tuya.js at master · Koenkk/zigbee-herdsman-converters · GitHub).

Once Z2M has been updated and included as part of Core, will look to do some tests comparing this with the FP1 I’ve also got.

(note, it looks like a fix is being discussed here → [New device support]: Tuya TS0601 _TZE204_ztc6ggyl Human presence sensor · Issue #14823 · Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt · GitHub) so not sure how I would go about getting this converter onto my Core to test it properly?

Thanks

sudo oll-z2m --update should put you on the latest version, unless markus has it locked the a specific one, in which case edit the oll-z2m.conf file and change the version line to say :latest at the end, then run the update command.

See the docs for a more complete explanation
https://docs.oh-lalabs.com/en/marjebian/configuration-settings#version-change

1 Like

I think I’m on the latest z2m that is provided by Core (v1.28.2). The config file appears to be requesting the latest.

#CONTAINER_REPO=“koenkk/zigbee2mqtt:latest”

If z2m is updated on the 1st December, how long before it’s available as an update via Core?

Thanks

Immediately… Core pulls directly from the Z2M repositories. Running the update command will put you on the latest version right then, but you do have to issue a --restart to the service for the update to take effect.

Firmware for the stick itself is 100% on you to decide if and when to update, CORE does not offer that functionality, and likely never will due to the variables and brick risk inherent therein.

2 Likes

Just been reading this thread and can see that I am on 1.27.0. when I put in sudo oll-z2m --version
Is it worth updating or just leave as is.
Just wondering what the advantages of updating are.
Thanks.

You can manually add the new converter to your existing version of z2m… it’s fairly straightforward:

Grab the converter file from github and change the prefix “…/” in all of the const declarations at the top to “zigbee-herdsman-converters”. For example, here’s one const declaration modified to work when used in an externally-declared converter:

const fz = require(‘zigbee-herdsman-converters/converters/fromZigbee’);

Next, save the converter file on your Core in the z2m data directory for the oh-la user (same directory that all your config is stored in).

Open up z2m and go to settings. One of the tabs (may be under advanced?) is for external converters. Type in the filename (no path in front of it), apply, and then re-start z2m.

Your configuration.yaml file will automatically be updated to point to the new converter, and it should be loaded and ready to go.

1 Like

Looking here, Releases · Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt · GitHub, it appears there are a large number of bugfixes and new devices supported in newer versions of z2m. 1.28.2 has been very stable for me, but ymmv.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll give it a try. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I’ve been keeping up on the z2m updates. I’m on the latest and it’s been stable for me. I’d say you’re ok to update to the latest.

sudo oll-z2m --update

You should also update your zwavejs to Z-Wave JS UI as well if you have zwave.

2 Likes

z2m v1.28.4 is out… and its able to recognise my new human presence motion sensor.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.