What did you get for Christmas?

Since the holiday is here, did Santa get you anything smart? Now is a great time to talk about the projects you’re planning. Also, I’d like to know what your favorite devices are and why.

1 Like

Odroid n2+!!! Moving to a new house and this will become my NR box.

I’m not familiar with it. Can you link to it? And share your excitement a bit.

It is all @aaiyar fault!

2 Likes

So the link you provided gives a list of “not included”

So is the end result a lot of work?

It took about 5 minutes to install the emmc, coin battery, case and power supply. I had node red up and running in about 45 minutes. I then went and reflashed to armbian per Ashok, and that was easy as well. Overall, it was about as easy as doing a PI.

2 Likes

Where did you get the emmc?

Arizona cardinals hoodie, a tool belt a dressing gown and lots of gin. Was a good haul

3 Likes

Ameridroid had preloaded emmcs, but I changed to the build suggested by Ashok.

2 Likes

Do you mean Armbian? What is ambiance?

1 Like

I think that’s what was intended. Cell phones autocorrect that one. … Often.

1 Like

Yup armbian…

1 Like

Peace and quiet. And much needed rest!

P.S. The haul included a few bottles of whisky, a HUGE box of meat from the butcher box.

2 Likes

Pretty sure that @Mike likes the odroids as well. They’re good bang for the buck. Sadly no onboard WiFi or BT.

1 Like

Lego. It’s a major set, it’ll have LED lighting built into it and a Sonoff SV added. I like to use larger builds as a sort of mood lighting when on display.

3 Likes

On the Home Automation list is the Zooz Multirelay and the Zooz Double plug. On the semi-home-automation list is the Reolink B800 camera - time to upgrade on of my cameras (and inevitably shuffle that camera to a new coverage area).