"There is no such thing as can't be done. Only wont. Or don't know how."

Not for a very long time…

Then what’s my problem? … oh wait … I have a husband … and a dog … does that count?

I can’t forget to move Jeff’s. He’ll be disappointed if I forget.
:rofl:

1 Like

Their home for tomorrow.

Yes I am born & raised in Texas.

I have sent this thread in a strange direction. My apologies. I’m done.

2 Likes

one of these would look amazing mounted just below that. Just sayin’

2 Likes

Those are AWESOME!!! Did you do that? How in the heck did you get the wave into it?

1 Like

Interesting post. I’ve watched the fallout from recent events with concern, some of the behaviour exhibited by senior staff elsewhere had raised my hackles somewhat since my original purchase and this has cemented the intention to explore my own options.

My original HA setup - longer ago than I really care to think about - was an X10 setup with a home brew controller, looking at how things are now I’ve gotten lazy and far too reliant on third party cloud systems. There’s a steep learning curve ahead to catch up again.

Oh I didn’t know the ban/restrictions went that deep. I don’t expect an answer but surely that doesn’t match up with terms of sale

I used to watch NFL over here in the UK. VERY late nights sometimes, but then we have a little un arrive and I haven’t watched since

1 Like

They’re hand made by my one and only husband. Quite the talent. He sells them for $200 per. They look very nice hanging on walls. Maybe he’ll finally get around to doing one that will stay on my wall, but he keep selling them. He’s done Texas, Checkered, USA and Thin Blue line.
Here’s a link to our project page

3 Likes

@Tarmacsurfer, I too have been playing with various HA setups much longer than I’d care to think about too, 25+ years. I’ve just recently left Smartthings (poor choice - cloud crap) for HE, but I still use my X10 equipment extensively and it’s all integrated with Alexa without much hassle. I use bwssystem’s HA-Bridge which will spoof pretty much any device as a Phillips Hue device. I wrote and entire “how-to”, it’s on my website here, Cheers!

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up, I use a mixture of things these days (no one system ever does everything you want, does it) so that may come in useful somewhere along the way, I’ll dig into it.

I ended up selling off the x-10 equipment a couple of houses back, electrical systems in the UK are a little odd at times and I had a sense of humour failure after some unreliability which lead to the discovery of mesh systems, then smartthings offered a box that looked interesting, their web issues finally drove me to HE/home assistant. You know how it goes.

Silly really, I’m currently renovating a place (stone cottage built in the 1500s) and in this use case, with an entirely new wiring system x10 would have been the ideal way of getting around the stone walls and given me addressable sockets.