The Fun Stuff

I think I can safely report outside of the Beta group that I have gone the extra mile (before even completing the first mile of testing…) to confirm that Tetris and Space Invaders do work as expected… Just in case anyone was concerned… :grinning:

6 Likes

I do also like how "Web"Amp still has WinAmp in the title bar… What a trip down memory lane… All we need is a CD-ROM, WAV file extraction and mp3 encoding…

1 Like

Want a real trip??? Winamp is back… They just re released it after converting ALL the code to a current language… And yes it still whips the llamas… :wink:

2 Likes

It did make me think, the version 2.91 rang some kind of bells… I’d have to dig out files from my parents old PC to make sure, but it feels like that was somewhere in the ballpark of what I was using in the late 90’s / early 2K’s. Looks like 2003…

1 Like

Iconic!
Winamp was the bees knees back in the day…

1 Like

It is the exact same old winamp. This re-release all they did was re-do the entire code base in preparation for adding new features.

2 Likes

In all seriousness… on a “silly” topic admittedly… It would be interesting to leverage it… My memory was they were very data-driven, in a sort of Linux / JSON / XML kind of way that you get more so in more recent app’s and services. Things like playlists and other album / song information could be a nice addition, e.g. ID3 tags… It’s all coming back now… :slight_smile: