Someone has to ask it

All right, I understand that you don’t want/can give a date, nor a real roadmap, but can we at least ask what can we expect in the next step? UI? dashboard? or what else?

5 Likes

The new dashboard will be released this weekend. This is part of sysapi.

• System monitoring,
  • Service control (stopping and restarting)
  • User integrations.
  • The API is accessible over MQTT, WebSocket and http (webhooks)
  • The API can do anything the Dashboard can do + much more
  • Logs visible in the browser.

FUTURE RELEASES:

We will work in update information. We anticipate this to mature quickly.

Here is a shot of it without proper Icons. We’re still sorting them out.

Just a taste.

8 Likes

Wow. I did’nt expect such an answer. I Just tried. :laughing:

1 Like

Probably this time tomorrow we’ll be ready to release this. Part one.
It’s not the whole package, but it’s a start.

10 Likes

It’s looking pretty nice! Are we likely to see the native device manager/automation engine anytime soon though?

It’s what we’re working towards.

4 Likes

I was going to ask the same thing. Even though I’m enjoying all the tinkering related to nodeRED, z2m and zwave-js-ui, I don’t see Core gaining traction without a proper rules based automation engine. Don’t get me wrong, I like what I see so far, but at the same time I know most people have other things to do besides working out nodes, objects, topics, payloads, javascript functions (finding the correct syntax) and the like.

7 Likes

Another question, will python be able to integrate with core.

1 Like

Python3 is available on CORE, in fact some parts of internal CORE features are written in Python, such as oll-integration. Other things are written in TypeScript and JavaScript such as CORE SysAPI.

Have you (or anyone?) taken a stab at using Multi-System Reactor as your logic engine? It interfaces with Node-RED, HA and other bridges and hubs, so presumably could be shoe-horned into your flow.

MSR is easily my favorite rules engine, and it’s easy to setup/maintain as a Dockerized container running on my Synology NAS… though I currently do all of my rule-building elsewhere.

I see it being a good fit for Core users.

2 Likes

May we expect some Xmas gift? :grin:

3 Likes

Yes… just been some delays…

6 Likes

images (4)