[RELEASE] Salus SP600 Smart Plug with Presence

There’ve already been a couple of community drivers for the SP600, but I make pretty heavy use of presence detection which wasn’t included in other releases, so here’s my take on it.

This makes it really easy to tell when a certain somebody has powered off the smart plug. :wink:

Thanks to the other developers (where I learned how to configure the reporting intervals) and to @markus for explaining how to properly sendZigbeeCommands, which I also now use for raw commands in my AlertMe drivers.

4 Likes

Any idea if this will work for the SX885ZB? It looks to me like it’s the N America version of the SP600 and looks to have all the features I want in a Zigbee outlet…

Ooh, I don’t know, but Salus strike me as a manufacturer with their heads screwed on, so I can’t imagine they’ll have reinvented the wheel.

I can’t promise anything, but if you happen to get one and try this driver out with it I’ll happily have a go at fixing things that aren’t recognised.

2 Likes

Thanks for working up this driver Andy.
FYI: Your driver works very nicely with our local “Telstra Smart Outlet” which is itself a rebranded Sercomm SZ-ESW01. These can be found on fleabay at a very attractive price.
The Telstra devices also work with HE’s in built “Generic Zigbee Outlet” driver but your driver adds “presence”, which can certainly be invaluable. :+1:

3 Likes

Great stuff, good to hear it’s working for you! :slight_smile:

1 Like