[Pre-release] Tuya Alarm driver

Just got my siren and this device and driver is cool…!! :slight_smile:
Got a couple of questions though:

1. Does this mean that you (can) use the device as both as a siren and as a doorbell?
    Meaning that you must change the AlarmType on the fly, every time someone push a doorbell or if the alarm is triggered…?

2. What is the difference between “Alarm” and “Switch”?
    They both shows off on the device page in off state, and when i test by pressing “ON”, the Alarm state shows “Both” and the Switch shows “ON”

3. What is the difference between the buttons “Configure” and “Initialize” on the device page?

// Kenneth

Follow up:
How do you actually create such a test rule / where do you set those custom attributes…?
I’m guessing you are using RuleMachine?

Hi,

1. yes that’s correct. I use RM to do that based on different events. Someone presses the backdoor button, I sound the doorbell… but also with a contact sensor I’m playing with, I can have it make a different sound.
  2. ?
  3. initialise should do the trick

To create a rule, you need to do this via custom actions - see screenshot below. Repeat this for setAlarmType, setAlarmVolume and setAlarmLength. Call siren to trigger.

1 Like

THANK YOU @nutcracker :+1:
I think i tried every capability except “Switch” when i was searching for it… :joy:

1 Like

I cannot seem to create a new topic (maybe too new?) so I guess I have to post my question on this thread even though there hasn’t been activity for a year. But, this is the driver I am having an issue with. I have a new Neo Tuya Siren and many posts on Hubitat point to this driver as the one that would work but I cannot get it to work. The model is a TS0601, it pairs to Hubitat just fine, I select this driver, Initialize, Configure multiple times but it just won’t work still. I have unpaired and paired again many times but same result. The manufacturer of this device is “_TZE200_t1blo2bj” but I’m not sure that has anything to do with my issue. Logs are not giving errors but this is all I am getting for the Current States:

• alarm : both
  • driver : v1.0.1.1123
  • notPresentCounter : 1
  • presence : not present
  • restoredCounter : 0

And State Variables:

• comment : Works with the Tuya Alarm.

None of the buttons do anything really, except the initialize, configure, and refresh buttons. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks!

Your alarm has fallen off the mesh.
->> * presence : not present

Try the “force recovery mode” in the driver for “1 minute”
if that doesn’t work ,just factory reset(do not unpair) then pair again, it should find the existing device