[Pre-release] Tuya Alarm driver

This driver is now included in the Github repo and HPM together with all my other drivers. Since this is now the case I have removed the code above.

This popped up in the logs over night
Also is it on Hubitat Package Manager now?

1 Like

Ah, that is me getting negative numbers wrong, I will have to fix that. Thanks :slight_smile:

Is it on package manager?

Not yet, will have to update the code, seeing your error message was what told me I had forgotten that. Tomorrow most likely.

Soz ment the driver in general, originally I copied code from above, will we be able to manage updated with HPM

Yes, it’s in HPM. It might not yet be updated so that it is seen yet, but it is there.

1 Like

@markus Markus, could this device affect my zigbee mesh. Since updating to this driver and moving the device to my garage, some of my zigbee devices have become intermittent in responding to commands.

Could moving it have cause an issue, it was next to the hub and I’ve moved it to garage at the weekend?

When in USB power mode it acts as a repeater. So the answer is yes. It may take some time to settle and if you have issues it may be good to have a good repeater nearby.

I’ve a zigbee plug with USB so I’ll try powering it from that and see how it goes
Thanks
How long should it take for zigbee mesh to settle normally?

Also have you had a battery report, mine is always been on DC but never seen one yet

24-48 hours. To make it go faster you can power down your hub for 30 minutes.

The things I’ve seen still are not clear, I need the battery to drop in voltage to know what is what. From what I’ve seen so far I would need to send a battery voltage level request when the hourly checkin comes. So far I’m not certain what that command is, since I have 3 different calls I don’t know what they are doing. Two of them I probably won’t ever need, but one is most likely the battery.

Thanks for the work and update

Sorry to bother but its swamping my loggs with errors

Until I publish next update, change line 398 to 400 to this:

try{
      Integer temperature = HexUtils.hexStringToInt(data.takeRight(4).join('')) * 10
      logging("Raw Temperature: ${temperature}", 1)
      zigbee_sensor_parseSendTemperatureEvent(temperature)
} catch(Exception e) {
}

Negative (in celcius) temperatures will then not be reported until the real fix is out.

OK thanks

Well the new toy has arrived… working great with this driver!
Thank you @markus

3 Likes

Mine just arrived - paired just fine and functioning.

I thought the sounds were pretty soft but then discovered alarm sound #12 (kindly listed by @Ranch) which is the siren, it’s fairly loud so the 100db claim probably sounds about right.

However it’s still not particularly piercing so I guess I won’t be retiring my 110db wifi based screamer any time soon. :neutral_face:

PS - and the built in sounds all sound a bit scratchy as well.

You may have a dodgy unit… all mine play just fine and loud.

I’ve been testing it out over the last few weeks making sure that it stays connected to the mesh - both the Tuya alarm unit and a new Aqara push button that I’m using as the new doorbell - all working fine.

I should clarify - they are ok volume wise as chimes just won’t go as loud as #12 does, do your other sounds go as loud as the siren?

Yes they all seem loud. I have the alarm unit hidden up above the wall units in the kitchen which may be assisting with any acoustics. I had a test rule setup as below - similar rules that I’m using.