Popup notifications on desktop

I need some insight. I spend quite some time at my desk and I’d like something to pop up a window with a camera view if it’s triggered. Has anyone ever done this? Either through Node-RED or pushover or any other app? I’m open to suggestion.

1 Like

I’ve not but now you have me interested in doing the same! Too many irons in the fire to dig into this now but I’m sure I can come up with something.

1 Like

I’m sure your reolink system has some options for outputting detection activity to other systems.

You can use push notifications to send a screenshot to your phone, there are several programs for popping up notifications on a windows/nix system, there are even options for any android based device such and your new shield :wink:

Look into your documentation and see if there is anyway to output detection information to your mqtt server. This is what I did with my coral/frigate setup. When it detects motion it sends an mqtt message stating the activity type, person/object detected, time and a still shot of the image. Then i have node-red parse that info and output popups as needed.

is possible this could be done with tasker and the join api. If you are an android user that is.

1 Like

I already have this going through pushover sending a snap to my phone, and changing color on a few led’s around the house. All through Node-RED. I’m just having a hard time figuring out how to send that to a popup on my computer. It would be nice to trigger the onvif or rtsp stream to vlc or to a web browser.

Join api can do this. It has node red nodes as well.

Opening a direct sfream may be a bit of a challenge but you could for sure push the link. It has a chrome integration that works pretty well.

1 Like

What is this that you speak of?

https://joaoapps.com/join/api/

By the same dev as the new Tasker dev.

He also is the author of the autoapps.

2 Likes

I’ll take a look at this.

https://joaoapps.com/join/faq/

It also works with eventghost. Which opens up many many options as you can control many things on windows pc. Run command line stuff, scripts etc…

2 Likes

You may also want to look at AutoRemote, which has a Chrome plugin. Can’t say I’ve used it in this way, but it may be possible along with EventGhost.

2 Likes

never noticed this before - no eventghost needed apparently?

lol also noticed it supports mqtt as well.

2 Likes

Another thing you could look into is KDE Connect, which is by the KDE team that builds the Linux distros that share the name. But they also release a Windows/Android app (maybe even MacOS/iOS but not sure on that one) and you can have all notifications forwarded to your desktop, among other things like a shared clipboard, effectively a sftp client, wireless touchpad, media controls, etc.

It is pretty easy to setup, but I am not sure if it retains the complexity of the notifications that you are looking for (i.e. clickable links and an image).

1 Like