PLEX - Can it be run on core?

Does anyone know if I can run a Plex media server on CORE?

Maybe. I wouldn’t even try it, but my library is Massive (~110TB), and at any given time I’ll have 3-10 streams going

Technically you could, but you’d need to have storage elsewhere.

In case you haven’t seen, they’re was a breech. You should change your plex password.

1 Like

Saw that, forgot, thanks for the reminder!

1 Like

BTW … a movie server would be a great reason to have a second CORE. Dedicated. Just thinking out loud.

3 Likes

It’d make a good hardware durability test, if it has a hardware transcoder I’d entertain the idea :joy:

2 Likes

do you have any extras laying around? i would try it for sure…

2 Likes

Possibly …
:eyes:

Let me consult with @markus on this topic before I fully endorse this idea. K?

2 Likes

No worries let me know. I have a always on windows pc running with my plex server on it. I am looking for alternative options.

1 Like

Me too. And I used it for nothing else. We’ve discussed plex on CORE. It’s feasible. I’ll look into details.

2 Likes

Well the PC gets very light web browsing done on it. other than that nothing but streaming… Which I do frequently however we rarely have more than 2 streams going unlike @Subn0iz3 10 streams at once?? who is watching all that lol?

1 Like

Yah …
:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:
I’m about there too. easily 6 at any given time.

1 Like

impressive - are there people remotely using your server?

Yah … otherwise they want to come visit.
:rofl:

2 Likes

73 users in total :sweat_smile: some in different time zones, one travels to the middle east frequently. Been running it for several years, have a symmetric gigabit connection and functionally unlimited storage

2 Likes

jealous!

1 Like

Yah I second that.

1 Like

You might need two more CORES for that Sub~.
:rofl:

1 Like

It’s the most resource intensive VM I run, it gets half of a dual 8c/16t xeon server and 32gb of dedicated ram :sunglasses: 4k transcoding is blocked, it’s the only thing I’ve found to slow it down

2 Likes