Organization nightmare

A package deal. But at a price. I get 240 up 240 down. All the regular tv channels in HD, no movie channels. But the whole list of available cable. Telephone line with unlimited long distance. $175/month

[EDIT]
And I rarely watch tv without doing something else. It’s background noise for me while I do other things. If they offered a reality tv package only, I’d take it. Jeff would be happy.

1 Like

Mine’s $55/mo, Internet only. Since I cut the TV out several years ago (over $100 more/mo) I just don’t miss it. OTA and NetFlix are plenty.

We’ve cut the cable before, but we didn’t this year because of covid. Maybe next year. There are so many online options any more.

Do you know the cost for Internet only?

there is not a city fee, but the provider has rights to the city. No other providers can come in to peddle anything. I’m not sure how that works, but they are the only provider allowed, and it’s a cooperative, so if they make money, they pay us dividends. So the group only pays operating costs, per se.

1 Like

Here in the DC metro they use what’s called an ONT (Onsite Network Terminal). It terminates the fiber in the basement and splits out the services. The ONT has a fiber input, RJ45 out, Coax out, TP (twisted pair for phone) out.

Before recently I had 100/100 internet and the router provided by the ISP was on Coax. Anything over 100MB needs ethernet from the ONT. We just upgraded to 1Gb/1Gb, so now the ONT’s ethernet jack is plugged into the WAN port of my Untangle firewall, and I only use the ISP router to give MOCA to the Set Top Boxes (STBs) via Coax. All STBs are are a separate subnet by themselves which is limited to 100Mb by the ISP’s MOCA router. I wish they had STBs over ethernet, but I have not seen them yet (only FiOS One wireless STBs)

1 Like