Offline Backups and updates

I think the db not being accessible was the reason for the pissing contest over in the HE community. Earlier you had mentioned OS/API not being accessible (and I guess that is OK), but in this post you mentioned API and database?

As long as the full and complete configuration, in database format or not, is exportable, that would be all that is required… ie to have a full and complete copy of your home automation project/solution that you can keep and review independently of the source system. Ideally, you could modify this configuration (independently and correctly) and if valid, could be then imported back into the system as a restore etc.

@gslender @rakgupta
I’m giving this to Markus to address.

2 Likes

Your user information can be extracted from the DB, not accessible DB in backups is more a safety thing for the user. If it is really requested we’ll look at how to best serve our power users who truly want to tamper with the inner parts. Since the key used for storing it is unique to your CORE it is not a big deal to arrange.

API is very much accessible, everything is an API, that’s a confusion thing, the API is not data so of course not part of backups. OS, yeah, let’s just say you will probably be happy with what you get in access. The OS just isn’t part of backups as such.

6 Likes