Node-Red in docker amazon doesn't work

Ok @stephenn wondered if you have this issue? Or maybe someone can answer this question for me. I recently moved node-red to docker and now my alexa integration keeps telling me to log on to the ip:port and I sign in, and the cookie says successful, but it never authenticates. Just keeps telling me to go to the ip and port. I’m sure it’s an easy fix, but I’m not familiar enough with docker to know where to search.

I have this too, but I always thought it was a Australian acount issue!
Never thought it could be a docker issue.

Tho in saying that, it works if I manually set the cookie…
Just won’t work with my initialisation flow!

Edit. My error msg tho is: ‘unexpected end to json error’

1 Like

There has to be someone to get this to work. I wonder if we can find them?

1 Like

Surely! :grinning:

Have you tried the manual cookie method?

Refresh my memory. I used the Auth file on the pie. So I’m not sure.

(Taken from the node github)

Chrome

1. Go to alexa.amazon.com.
  2. Open Developer Tools by pressing F12, Ctrl+Shift+I or Cmd+Opt+I (or from the menu).
  3. In the Developer Tools switch to the Network tab.
  4. Select a radio station to play.
  5. Now you should see a request with the Name queue-and-play in the Developer Tools. Click on it.
  6. Now in the newly appeared panel go to Headers > Request Headers and there you will find Cookie.
  • If you see “:warning: Provisional headers are shown” disable all extensions / use incognito mode
  1. Copy this whole cookie.
  2. Paste it into the alexa remote account nodes cookie field.

Firefox

1. Go to alexa.amazon.com.
  2. Open Web Developer Tools by pressing F12, Ctrl+Shift+I or Cmd+Opt+I (or from the menu).
  3. In the Web Developer Tools switch to the Network tab.
  4. Select a radio station to play.
  5. Now you should see a request with the File queue-and-play in the Web Developer Tools. Click on it.
  6. Now in the newly appeared panel go to Headers > Request Headers and there you will find Cookie.
  7. Copy this whole cookie by clicking into the field after Cookie:, Select All(right click or ctrl+A) and then Copy.
  8. Paste it into the alexa remote account nodes cookie field.

This works for me, but i need to keep doing every week or 2…

Ugh I remember this now. I’ll look at it as a temporary solution for now.

Yes, its a pain.
Tbh, i just havent spent too much time looking into the errors…
I really should tho, its annoying having to remember to update it…

I will have some time to play with it this weekend. I think that in docker there’s not a path to Auth. Even though I set it up to open port 3456 there is no place to write maybe?

I don’t recall the ins and outs of it but I remember there are (at least) 2 ways to setup the container’s network. One of them directly accesses the host network and the other adds a layer for isolation. Have you tried both? I think it defaults to the latter.

1 Like

I don’t know it well enough to say yes or no.

1 Like

Just one of the reasons I avoid Docker. It’s another layer you have to know and manage. I’m sure there are plenty of use cases where it’s worth it but mine isn’t one of them.

It’s been too long for me to remember but I think switching to host networking is done by just adding a command line option.

It’s coming back to me now and I think the issue I had was that with the default networking was that localhost refers to the container and not the host. I added the option to change it and that fixed my issue. I don’t know enough about your situation to say for sure but using the host network option may be the fix.

2 Likes

Where/how do you have docker running?

I assume you’re addressing April but you can disambiguate future posts by using the “Reply arrow” on the post you’re replying to.
:wink:

Wait…I did just that and it’s not showing like it’s supposed to.
:thinking:

I have it running In coreELEC

I see the “Reply” arrow is working for you. Is there a secret handshake you’re keeping from us, April? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Maybe you hit the wrong reply.

Puh-lease!

The only reply in this topic that shows the message it’s connected to is the one you posted about an hour ago.

Yes i was sorry!

Half the time i hit reply and it doesnt show!
(Except for now)

1 Like

I have this same issue, but it happens on other sites too. Probably my crappy firefox. If you see me tagging over replying to someone that’s why.

1 Like