Node Red Flows

I’ll start a NR flow thread!
This one requires node-red-contrib-telegrambot-home to be installed and Telegram configured.
Aside from using telegram to send notifications, you can also ‘ask’ a question and respond.
This is just a basic flow to show you the idea.
Basically, Garage door opens, notify me door is open and ask if i would like to close it. If yes, garage door will close using HE command node

This is what you see in the telegram app
1st line is the notification
2nd line is Q&A

7 Likes

That’s cool. I should really give Telegram a shot so I get options when doing stuff rather than having to use dashboards on mobile phone. Do you have other flows you use Telegram for?

2 Likes

Atm i only use it for notifications, like garage open, low battery alerts, device presence etc.
Haven’t given the q&a setup much thought really, until it was mentioned in the wish list thread. And remembered it can be done this way.
But i think now, im going to look at my other foows and see where else i can incorporate it

2 Likes

I’m totally going to check this one out. I’ve recently reworked my network and I can think of a lot of things that I could use this for. TV for sure and I’ve been looking for a good garage door automation. Door lock, if someone rings the bell. Like “buzz” them in type of setup. This one is definitely on my list to check out.

1 Like

If you have a camera with your doorbell, you can send an image via telegram also!

So many possibilities!

1 Like

As I wrote some Telegram Bots in python I am really interested in a python interface too

1 Like

Any idea if that’s possible with wyze?

I dont have a doorbell cam, so no idea sorry! If it can save the image it should be possible

TelegramStaticPayloadNode

1 Like

Definitely checking this out this weekend. I’m excited about this stuff. Love node red

1 Like

Yes, although I do it via Pushover (thanks to @jchurch for coming up with this) .

CAVEAT - I have not tried this with the normal Wyzecam stream - I use the RTSP firmware feeding into motioneye from which node red can access the mjpeg stream.

1 Like

Wyze cameras did have a beta for RTSP firmware maybe it’s been updated now I haven’t looked or used it in a long while , that said if you can get them on RTSP @april.brandt then you can pull into motioneye and or use for other things like CATT etc. Although from memory it was old and unsupported so you will likely want to purchase an RTSP capable camera such as a Reolink etc.

1 Like

Not changed since it was originally released. That said I don’t use the motion sensing so no loss there and it works fine. If necessary I can use motioneye for that anyway.

1 Like

If anyone is interested, I got the telegram payload node to send an image of my cam. It is a Hikvision cube that I’m currently using a a baby monitor! So only cam atm to test this node!!

The only issue I had was that I needed to save the image locally first! for some reason it wouldn’t pull the image directly and send!
But alas, finally got it to work!! Not that I think I will need to send an image of my baby cam in a flow, but none the less, I know it works!!

3 Likes

Nice one mate. I actually do the same thing with my doorbell (which you have probably seen before) e.g. someone presses and if I am not home it will pushover it to me but I also do it with Google Cloud Vision for filtering e.g. if motion is detected it will snap the picture filter using Google Cloud Vision AI and then if it’s a person, vehicle etc only then send me the picture it’s pretty neat. here’s a small sample of one the flow is to large for me to capture it all :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thanks
I remember your flow from the darkside! :wink:
Have my eye on some cameras, so will be checking out your flow again shortly.
At least now i know i can get the telegram node to work for future use!

2 Likes