New Hue Firmware Coming

Hi all,
thanks for the compliment @Mike!

I am the guy who created the HUE repository for NodeRed, I had a look in traffic on GitHub and saw a lot coming in from this community. Made me happy that you guys obviously like it.

I want to warn you:
There is a change in the Firmware for HUE coming, I have a bridge on beta software and got an Upgrade on Friday. This should count for 1.53.1953188010 upwards. It will change the payload array for groups dramatically. Instead of receiving a lot of events for every lamp and the group, they changed the API that way there will be only a big array with all data. It need to be split up.

I created already the fix for it. Find it here:
https://github.com/andesse/hue-clip-api.node-red-flows/blob/main/array_splitter.json

You need to add a splitter behind the event stream and change the receiver nodes. There is a quick description how it works, but when you have my flow already running, it’s very clear what to do.

YOU CAN APPLY THESE CHANGES ALREADY WITH CURRENT FIRMWARE TO BE PREPARED WHEN THEY ROLLING IT OUT TO THE PUBLIC!
I have a non beta bridge running and it works there as well, excellent latency isn’t changing.

Please test the nodes for one room/light, motion sensor, button before if it works for you. BACKUP your old flow before as well.

If you have questions, just hit me up.

PS: the new main flow without V2 prefix has the new nodes already included, just changed the file. „hue-clip-api.node-red-flows“

Andreas

14 Likes

Thanks a lot :slight_smile: Change was quick and easy!

1 Like