iZone Air Conditioning Drivers

None of it uses WiFi . they refer to it as wireless WiFi control which is different because as you know once its on the network it’s then either WiFi / LAN controlled :slight_smile:

The entire iZone system uses radio frequency on the 430MHz range to communicate unless wired. The bridge (CB) is actually an RF 430Mhz to IP (WiFi/LAN) bridge which is how you can talk to it using the phone app and more importantly API’s from Hubitat drivers or other mechanisms etc.

That said yes I would be going the route you have mentioned above with everything wired. The CB actually supports both RF or wired configurations I could do that on mine as well. I’d just need the CWSM and wired sensors (see diagram below) to route it all back but it’s cost prohibitive now for me unless they sold me parts and I did it myself so your lucky just starting out :ok_hand:

Also here’s a picture of the CB. Note, two ports 1 for Ethernet and another for the special CGB2C35 cable as you have in your diagram. By the looks of it, it’s an RJ45 plug into CC225 then it converts into RJ11 /RJ12 on CB. If someone can confirm the wiring spec I’d make one and try connect my CB and C225 together :slight_smile: . Maybe you can share one day?

EDIT: as this is all installer only gear I could only find that cable here but not a closeup enough to confirm wiring configuration etc. Also found a decent CPU diagram see below. It explains where the RJ45 ports are there is 3 before you need an expansion module so RJ45 into 1 of those then down to the RJ11/RJ12 port on the CB.

As a side note. It would be interesting to know what cable the wired sensors use as well e.g. RJ45 end to end or similar RJ45 to RJ11/12. You can enlighten me when the time comes :slight_smile:

The installer told me it’s “phone cable” so RJ12. But a lot of what the installer has told me so far is why i’m confused

I was curious too why the CGB2C35 is a speciality part. I’ll get my cable tester on it if I can and check the pairs.

The whole install will be under my house, so I should nearly have access to everything. Pics to come in month or 2

Thanks @jchurch

1 Like

Excellent, I look forward to hearing all about it. Good luck :call_me_hand:

New driver for Hubitat almost finished. Anyone interested in a beta test? PM me if you are.

1 Like

Yep I am keen. I just PM’d ya! :call_me_hand:

Fyi all,

iZone have a shop now that you can buy parts from which is pretty cool. Unfortunately they don’t currently sell their CPU’s (well unless you buy the entire pack by the looks) or hard wired wall sensors but it’s good to see them making some of this easily available to general public.

Also have almost finished the full re-write of the iZone drivers into a much more integrated iZone Application and individual drivers for the Master and Zone functions. Also includes support for lights and irrigation (if you have them). The entire integration is improved and reporting of various modes and behaviours more consistent. As always, looking for anyone interested to beta test an early release.

Hey, I was Googling for answers and found this thread. I am looking for people who have experience connecting the C225 via wire (CGB2C35) to the bridge. I created a post on a whirlpool forum, I will copy/paste below for ease:

Hey, just wondering if anyone has managed to create a wired connection between the main iZone module (C225) and the bridge (CL5BK) using a CGB2C35 cable?

I have been running my iZone using the wireless connection between the C225 and bridge, but tried connecting them using the iNet ports and cable, but not sure if it’s actually working, or still just using the wireless connection?

Anyone had any success? Do you have to reset them first (is that even possible)? Re-pair them? Use a specific iNet port (there’s 3 on the C225), Some other magic?

The only thing I did notice when connected via cable was it was less stable (kept disconnecting), but not sure if that means it was actually using the cable :S I am trying to make it more stable, less dropped commands.

I made my own CGB2C35 cable using the spec found on “izonepedia”

Honestly the wireless connection is extremely stable and batteries last forever unless you have a faulty unit so I’d just stick to wireless.

You are correct there is a wired option but is it worth it? IMHO I don’t think so.