Inovelli Blue Series

Discount on the 10pk is already in the price… no other codes I’m aware of

1 Like

I tried to find information on LED spot lights. I added recently some in the bathroom and my Lutron dimmer is not working well with it (non ELV dimmer) … would this switch work?

Can’t say for sure since these are not out, but if the lutrons are having issues, then I would not expect these to work either. AFAIK, lutrons have some of the best compatibility around, including documentation for what works and how well it works. Inovelli have something as well, but it is more of a crowdsource effort than professional testing, so YMMV.

What lights in particular are you having issues with?

Its standard LED spot lights in the bathroom and some ceiling lights that have integrated LEDs that don’t work with the lutron dimmer even though they are listed as “dimmable”. I bough non smart ELV dimmers for those and it works well.

Ok but what brands/model numbers so we can look up some specs or see if a particular dimmer supports it.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/commercial-electric-4-inch-round-white-panel-cct-led-recessed-lights-4-pack-/1001212911

Some LED vendors dont put appropriate power conditioning in the bulbs, which cause issues with solid-state dimmers. There are aftermarket load bypass devices you can put inline with the bulb that may help… for example,

1 Like

Unfortunately it does not look like any Lutron dimmers support those lights. Honestly, I don’t know when buying lights became so difficult. These days I feel like you have to pick a switch first then find a list of compatible bulbs and then hope that it is true.

I ran into this issue recently with my Cree candelabra bulbs that FROM CREE say they work best with Lutron Caseta dimmers, but I go to lutrons website and they say that those bulbs are incompatible, which they are. Like they dim well, but there is a buzz/humm.

2 Likes

My solution lately has been to spring for smart bulbs, and skip the switches entirely. The way smart switches cut power to the bulbs is crap, imo… it really wouldnt cost much more to put a DAC on the board and make thr equivalent of an analog voltage divider, but nobody making smart switches does this. Instead, they chop the AC waveform. Fast response times from the diodes inside the bulbs means they flicker, unless the bulb mfr added a serously beefy low-pass filter. I say skip the dimming switch and use smart bulbs. In my most-dimmed room I still use smart switches, but only in smart bulb mode (load always 100% powered, and the switch acts like a button controller). Very happy with this solution, but it does require that you find smart bulbs that work for your application

Yeah that would work but that is the $$$$ option. In my case, it would go from one $50 switch (technically $20 since I currently have Kasa dimmers) to $300+ worth of bulbs plus a smart switch and that is just one room.

Agree… cant be done everywhere. I did it this way in my family room, which is the most commonly dimmed area: 6 bulbs total. I have smart dimmers with dumb bulbs elsewhere, but for the most part those rooms are always either at 0% or 100%. If somebody complains to me maybe I’ll upgrade another area, but so far nobody has

This is not a good look on Z-Wave Products as a company…

1 Like

Not good at all. My Blue pre-order was #1 in line… still waiting to hear if it’s been shipped, or if ZWave Produts has somehow screwed it all up and don’t have anything to ship me. Seems like the distributor should hop on the Inovelli forums with profuse apologies and a description of their action plan and timeline moving forward.

Have you taken delivery yet? I got mine a couple days ago but haven’t gotten around to installing one and probably won’t fit a couple weeks unfortunately. But when that day comes my plan is to move over to CORE fully…finally :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Nope. Don’t even have a tracking #. First order in, last to ship. Eric even sent me a nice thank-you for being quick on the draw… the Inovelli-branded Yeti mug is a household favorite. Unfortunately the mug and a single LZW36 are the only Inovelli products in the house right now.

2 Likes

That is beyond…you know what… and I hope they make it right even though they did not wrong you.

2 Likes

The best way for them to make it right with the community is, imo, to find a different fulfillment vendor. I’m sure there must be better options out there that are right-sized for Inovelli’s business AND fit the Inovelli customer-first model.

2 Likes

Now that I think about it, there really is no one stop shop for smart home products, like of course there is amazon, but most of my stuff is either direct from manufacturer, eBay, AliExpress, or classifieds.

I probably would give Z-WaveProducts one more chance and use this as an opportunity to get a much much better deal in favor of innovelli, but that would be entirely dependent on if they played the blame game or if they immediately apologized.

1 Like

The market is still the Wild West. I see HE C7s on Ebay for $200, and wonder who on Earth would buy that… at the same time there are great deals if you search, too. Seems like direct orders from the manufacturers are often the lowest price, so I don’t see a need for middle-men. If I were shopping for this stuff at brick and mortar stores it’d be a different story…

Not me - ZWP is a NYC metro-area company, existing in the land of sharks and piranhas. Customer service just isn’t a cultural thing on the east coast (I’ve lived on the west coast for 25 years, the midwest for 15, and now the east coast for 7… I think I have a good sample of all 3). Best bet would be someone more central, with a get it done right mentality, instead of a do it however it’s cheapest and damn the customer mentality.

2 Likes

I decided to press harder and opened a support ticket with Inovelli. The gist of my message was, “ship my order now or I walk away.” I have ample patience (I think I do, anyway- not a peep of complaint from me during the extended Oh-La shipping delay due to circumstances beyond their control). Unfortunately Inovelli is directly responsible for their poor performance re: fulfillment. Other companies will be releasing in-wall Thread-based switches in the coming months, which will give me other opportunities to upgrade and get rid of the zwave I currently use. Inovelli professes (and seems to be) costomer-focused. Unfortunately that’s not enough… a modicum of competence is also needed.

1 Like