HA Green

With the last months being very quiet I toke a stab at HA Green and have to say: it came a long way. With the knowledge of MQTT I gained from Core everything was way easier this time around. Last time I tried HA was 5 years ago so the changes on the UI and backend helped on top.

I finally today decided to switch over. Core was a great ride. Thanks to everyones help I learned a lot and was able to get a stable zigbee network. Learn NodeRed, MQTT and some other things.

Since my backbone is MQTT I hope to fire up core again in the future in case there is a new use for it :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I am similarly using an MQTT backbone for everything with various peripheral devices and controllers connected. Very happy with how thatā€™s evolving.

1 Like

I must have tried most of the existing home automation solutions out there. I started with Vera, then Homeseer, Indigo (Mac only), OpenHAB, Home Assistant Blue, Hubitat and of course Collective Core. I still havenā€™t tried Homey Pro (because itā€™s price is way too high and some reviews in Amazon say itā€™s not that great despite itā€™s priceā€¦).
Having said that, I came to enjoy the DIY approach of Collective Core. I hope it can eventually find its way towards the developers original goals. In the meantime, Iā€™m using a separate Rpi4 with Home Assistant on the side, mostly as a front end for a dashboard, connecting to my Core managed devices via MQTT. It works and Iā€™m happy with it, but I would very much appreciate if Core could do it all by itself. Fingers crossed for 2024 being better than 2023 for Core development.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll likely do this way too. Should I move to a new house likely Iā€™ll move to knx.

I have moved almost everything over to Homey Pro. There are a couple of items I still have on HA while I wait for an app to be created.

Its come a long way since they first shipped it 6ish months ago.

My experience has been much different than the Amazon reviews I just read.

1 Like

Interestingā€¦ Are you in the US?

Homey has always been on the fringes of my radar. I like the concept (or at least the marketing :wink: ) but thatā€™s a lot of money for what may not be a ā€˜sure thing.ā€™

I am in the US.

My home is mostly Lutron, Hue, and Zooz. The coverage for those is great!

I still have to run my Ring Alarm, Pentair Pool, and Emporia Energy devices through Home Assistant into Homey.

1 Like

Homey Pro seems very interesting. At the moment, Iā€™m just could have some trouble moving all my automations over to Homey, due to some functionalities that Iā€™ve implemented in NR. For example, I use Alexa ā€œlocallyā€ just to receive the text of requests (the JavaScript code does the parsing of the text, etcā€¦). Alexa doesnā€™t ā€œseeā€ my devices, in this way everything remains local even when using Alexa. I also use ChatGPT and Telegram to interact with the system. Whatā€™s the Homey solution for these kinds of things?