Getting started

You’re welcome.
Also, I forgot to mention that Node-RED will control devices on HE as well. Makes your transition easier and allows it to be on YOUR time. Just sayin’

2 Likes

Yeah I already run everything on node red
Z2M will be the only thing I need to setup!

Was hoping to avoid a trip into my ceiling space to pair devices, but looks like I’m climbing in!

makes you wish they had thought to include a command we could send to devices to remove them from the current network and put them into pairing mode without having to touch them.

3 Likes

Would have been nice!

It’s not that big of a deal getting into my ceiling. Lights and timber walkways makes it easier, I’m just being lazy :rofl:

I might add that this assumes you are using the same zigbee stick in your new set up. I have done this and it does seem to work, however I don’t know if it will if you have switched to another type or even a different stick but the same model.

Thanks.
I’ll be going from my old HE stick to a new supplied with the CORE.

Did we all get one? or have to pay extra? I didnt get one, but cant remember if I ordered one (if required)?

It was a separate order, just a few added it.

1 Like

I paid extra for another stick! Hoping it’s there and my delivery is now tomorrow as TNT required signature so it’s now a re-delivery!

Ok I think this a better place to put my simple questions.

Is SSH a requirment for working with core or should the web interface work as well?

While i followed the instructions to install the certificate without issue, when I connect to my core’s ip it still says insecure connection. i soldier on and get the core ui.

Now to set the password i tried to open the code(ide) and select new terminal. It opened but I see an error about webview not working

Error loading webview: Error: Could not register service workers: SecurityError: Failed to register a ServiceWorker for scope ('https://10.0.0.233/pods/direct/code/static/out/vs/workbench/contrib/webview/browser/pre/') with script ('https://10.0.0.233/pods/direct/code/static/out/vs/workbench/contrib/webview/browser/pre/service-worker.js?v=4&vscode-resource-base-authority=vscode-resource.vscode-webview.net&remoteAuthority=10.0.0.233'): An SSL certificate error occurred when fetching the script..

Subsequently trying to open the terminal gives me a text box that does not seem to respond to any commands.

I worked a 14 hour shift at the hospital and can say I know I am no at my best. So please forgive me if I have already done something stupid. I definitely am trying to RTFM.

1 Like

The web interface should be enough, with the terminal currently broken SSH using putty or some other terminal software is needed for the next few days.

There’s an intermittent cert-generation issue, it was fixed earlier today and is included in the next update. it should still be ok to use, but is a bit annoying, sorry for that.

This is a known issue fixed in the next update which we will release soon. I think it has been noted in the documentation, but could be wrong.

Lastly, there are no stupid questions, especially not while we’re in beta and fixing both docs and software to make the experience smoother.

In short, for now, try using putty, I’ll get the built-in terminal and cert-generation up for you soon :slight_smile:

perfect connection established. Apologies I was burnt last night. Could someone explain the purpose of these certificate?

Well I have to say I am a little more than befuddled.

I got through the get started instructions with putty. I installed home assistant container.

Now how do I go about interacting with home assistant? LOL i have 0 idea what commands to use in putty to do anything.

The interface in the web browser just opens a blue square and says home assistant nothing else?

I did not expect this much resistance. maybe i got in over my head…

edit: i found other post with similar questions - have accessed the home assistant ui. - baby steps i guess…

2 Likes

Https://core:18443 will get you to HA, make sure to name your first user ‘oh-la’ or you won’t be able to log in afterwards due to the way they have SSO set up

See https://community.oh-lalabs.com/t/setting-up-home-assistant/1665 for more info

3 Likes

Thank you for the point in the right direction. I just figured this out. My hue lights are responding to the home assistant instance in CORE now. Moving along…

edit. LOL I should have read the entire thread - first user needs to be oh-la, grrr…

4 Likes