AUS/NZ Chat

Not only do we have a campaign running but IMHO a race as well to see which country will take the leaderboard crown with the most backers (we are currently ranked 3rd). Come on Australia we can do this!!

You can find the link to our campaign page here :slight_smile: :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Ouch… FYI for anyone using Eufy.

Gday Jason - i posted this on HE forums today, but thought since there’s some folks who don’t/can’t spend a lot of time on that forum anymore, there might be some interest here too (apologies for duplication for those that are still in the HE forum):

Hi All,

I recently had a meeting with the Mercator Ikuu Product Manager, I thought there would be interest in sharing the outcome of the conversation.

To preface, I think its important for us to realise that in general we are not the volume market Mercator are intending to access – which is the everyday person via their electrician or select lighting stores – we are the enthusiasts/tinkerers/early adopters that represent the risk of high support requirements while comprising a relatively low market share.

That said, in general I found the Ikuu guys to be positive and keen to help - within the remit of the Mercator Home Automation strategy.

I definitely got the sense that the PM is an automation enthusiast like us – not someone who can’t spell automation who’s been lumbered with a short-term project that landed in their lap - and is at the very least empathetic to what we want to do, and to the very long list of wants that I had :blush:

Wifi Only Products

There is no local API access for the Wifi products – cloud access and only thru the Ikuu app. :frowning: There is a cloud API, but there has been a decision not to enable/publish/release it at this point.

Tasmota is not supported (surprise, surprise), with that said there is an awareness that certain of the product range are ESP8285 based and there has been success by various (external) folks in doing this.

System cloud dependency: for standard Ikuu products all decisions are cloud-based, except for Timers which are run locally. All switches will operate with the internet connection gone.

Light Fittings/Bulbs – are all ZB3.0 (not ZLL or ZHA), and are proper repeaters.

Ikuu App – iOS + Android, no access from a browser. There are no plans for introducing subscription/paid access, this is included as part of the product purchase.

Dimmer Mechs : designed to fit the industry standard Clipsal Classic 2000 – nice and easy to fit.

OTA firmware update capability : varies by product

ZB3.0 Product Queries
Ceiling Fan range - ZB3.0 versions not yet available, but weren’t ruled out.

IR/RF blaster - ZB3.0 version not yet available, but weren’t ruled out.

Energy Monitoring (1 or 3 phase) – no products at this point.

Relay/Contactor (DIN rail) – no products at this point.

Room Thermostat – no products at this point.

4 x PT1000 temperature sensor – no products at this point.

DN20 water/gas valve – no products at this point.

Hi @innovida_au some good information there. I have been following the Mercator Ikuu range for sometime now but I am yet to buy any to try them out. As I understand it some of the guys on the HE community did and they do work?

Anyways it’s good to hear they have further devices coming and show some interest for the general public and API’s too. It’s also very cool that they stopped to talk to you about all of this as well that itself speaks volumes.

Do you run any Ikuu products?

Hi Jason, many thanks to you, Marcus and the team still flying the flag for Tasmota. Now on to the meaning for my post :). After a long hiatus, I have finally got bock to converting a whole lot of Brilliant 20741 RGBW globes to Tasmota aND HE. I am controlling my HE environment from Alexa and have come across a challenge I just can’t find a fix for. While the globes are RGBW (3 channel I think) after connecting to HE with the parent and child drivers and adding to Alexa I am unable to get the bulbs to revert to white (both cool and warm) from Alexa. I vaguely remember running a command line in Tasmota for these globes but can’t find any reference to it anywhere. I am sure it is an error somewhere on my part. Any suggestions from the community.
Thanks, Craig

Hi @CraigA I found some links here to a template and article for that device maybe this helps? I think I have this device in a drawer somewhere so let me know if not and I could try it although I don’t run HE Tasmota release anymore I am using Tasmota and MQTT.

Hi Jason, Unfortunately no luck. Tasmota for Hubitat just id’s the product a 3 channel not the 4 it is. Just about done with Hubitat. Updates every second day that just slow the system down.
Thanks for the links.

1 Like

I will PM you @CraigA

@innovida_au I installed the 5m Mercator Ikuu zigbee led strip in the kitchen yesterday in some alloy channel with diffuser and it came out great. The Mercator Ikuu package was great all the connectors you need to get the job done nice in simple I love it. I will likely get some more Mercator Ikuu products, so far so good.

4 Likes

Looks nice Jason, where’s the best place to pick these up?

1 Like

Thank you. The parts I used for this project are below. The LED strip comes with two rejoiner connectors they work really well.

5m Zigbee led strip

1m length alloy channel

1 Like