Arduino support

From what I can tell, ESP boards are well covered with ESPhome already, however, I run extensively on Arduino MEGA and UNO boards. Would there be an ability to integrate these with CORE? Currently I use the brilliant HubDuino drivers for integrating with HE.

2 Likes

Considering those are Arduino builds, adding MQTT support to those builds and using that is probably the best way to get the most out of them. If memory limitations makes that impossible, then I suppose a change in how the webhooks work would be needed. It might be possible to use HubDuino as is without changes, but haven’t looked at the source code for a long time, could you link to it please?

1 Like

Thanks @markus. [Release] HubDuino v1.1.9 - Hubitat to Arduino / ESP8266 / ESP32 / ThingShield Integration (ST_Anything) - Custom Drivers - Hubitat and ST_Anything/HubDuino at master · DanielOgorchock/ST_Anything · GitHub

Looking at this, there’s another way, no change to the sketches needed, but someone would have to write a fairly simple converter and listen on port 39501 on CORE and translate that into MQTT messages. Once there it would be trivial to access from inside NR or any other part of CORE. This would be a great 3rd party addition to CORE.