Aqara T1 - Will they ever be released?

For more than a year now I have been “patiently” waiting for the new T1 devices, but they are still nowhere to be seen for sale.

I know that @markus has got his hands on the new devices, but it must have been direct from some dark alley deal :wink:

I need new devices and I want to buy the new Aqara ones, but they are not making it easy for me to resist going in a different direction. I would have thought they would release them for X-Mas, but they still seem to be dumping their remaining stock for singles day and black friday.

I have been looking at Sonoff Zigbee, but the design is quite bulky.

3 Likes

It’s less that they are bulky. Thy are actually quite small. It’s more that they are very boxey looking, not at all elegant. Sharp square edges. Nasty press-fit covers. But they do work really well.

1 Like

Actually @markus just walked down the street and purchased them from the Aqara store :wink:, given he’s in China he can do things like that which is really nice :+1:. That said I too have been searching for the T1s online but nothing yet…

Another thing to note is Markus did say the T1s will be more expensive over the old models based on his experience so expect to pay more when you do get access to them.

In the mean time maybe someone can design a nice Sonoff motion 3d printed housing to remove all the uglyness because I hear they do work well :+1::sunglasses:

1 Like

Part of that ugliness is the huge/prominent Fresnel lens. Is it currently possible to 3D print a Fresnel lens?

1 Like

I suppose you’d have two options 1) 3d print a thin lens and try it. I hear these are super sensitive anyways so maybe be ok :thinking: or 2) buy a Fresnel lens and build that into the design.

1 Like

I was also thinking about the 3D designing. Even though the aqara t1 will be more expensive, I don’t mind if they are nice behaving devices. Mind you, my current aqara stuff works fine as is.

2 Likes

I have to admit since @markus released his drivers my Aqara’s are all rock solid too. Also dropping multiple IKEA repeaters into the Zigbee mesh I believe helped as well again using @markus drivers of course :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Exactly my experience too. In fact, I had one of the new Sonoff motion sensors drop off the mesh the other day while all the Xiaomi’s have been solid for several months now. Weird.

1 Like

Yup, I did this and ditched my original Aqara wired wall switches in favour of their new D1 variant. Now they work all the time and the original generation buttons stay connected. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We have the AQARA single switch module T1 here in Sweden. Havent seen any other T1 devices yet though.
I was actually going to buy one this weekend but didnt have time to pick it up. Yesterday I saw that there is no HE driver for it, beacuse @markus is lazy. :wink:

He is real quiet at the moment. I reckon he’s cooking up something special. Like a brand spiffing new high performance IoT hub :smiley:

1 Like

I hope so. I really like my HE but I have never felt that the UI is good. Sure, when the hub is doing its job, that really donat matter. But every time I start the web interface, I feel a bit sad because of how it look and work.
Building rules is very good and powerful but if you back out or click anywhere you shouldn’t, you could end up with a corrupt rule. Then you have to delete that and start over…
But as I said, i really like my HE so it has to be something really good for my to switch.
Challenge excepted Oh-La LABS? :wink:

Now you’ve got me thinking about donuts. As if I’m not fat enough already. Sigh.

1 Like

:rofl:
Just like I’m a troublemaker. You guys make me smile.
:grin:
Please don’t ever stop.

3 Likes

Im so happy ypu see i the way I do. As long as it is with love, you can be pretty harsh. :slight_smile:

3 Likes