Aqara FP1 Motion Sensor (Splitfrom Aqara HIgh precision)

2 of 3 installed temporarily and joined up to core with no issues :grin:

They’re definitely stubborn to go inactive if there’s even the slightest movement, which I guess is a good thing given the intended use case :laughing: I had to aim one directly at the floor to get the ceiling fan out of its FOV. Tomorrow will be the real test, seeing if the (small) dog triggers it at all while we’re away at work.

Might rig the last one up in the bedroom to see how well it tracks state while sleeping, had to modify the telegraf config slightly to get it logging those values

After a few months of testing I would be curious to have your opinion on the device. is it worth buying?

1 Like

I have had one hooked up for few weeks so far, I just added it to some meaniful automation. We will see how acccurate it is, but so far its pretty impressive. I dont care for something sitting on a table or shelf though.

1 Like

I have been using mine for a while now and yes, I have had maybe 1-3 false positives but from memory that was before I applied a Z2M OTA update for it, otherwise It was a position issue. I really rate these they work really well.

1 Like

I use one of these to keep the lights on in the bathroom, works really well. Even when barely moving at all. For triggering lights to turn on I use an Aqara PIR motion sensor. It may be possible to use for triggering, but it depends on what you need in the particular location. I just don’t want the 1-2 second delay.

3 Likes

I have one in my kitchen, one in my bathroom and one in my office. They work well, unless you get behind something, so placement is ideal. I have plugs above cabinets, so I was able to hang them from the ceiling, which makes them less noticeable in the grand scheme of things. I have an opaque shower curtain in the bathroom and the sensor still detects presence. I run into little things in my office, but i believe it may be placement. So far, I’ve eliminated the need to for 5 regular motion sensors. Especially in the kitchen. i dropped that to two. One to trigger motion on entry. The sensor works well. I don’t regret buying the 3 that I have.

1 Like

@jchurch, what firmware did yours update to? Mine is at 20210121, and shows as the latest available.

Z2M handled the upgrade but the version number didn’t change, @markus told me this is something Aqara is known for e.g., don’t update their firmware version names. All you need to do is apply it and if it won’t apply another you know your on the latest.

:stop_sign:
eeeeert … wait …
wrong device. We have the P1’s not the high precision one. Two different devices.

One more possibile alternative.
Much cheaper.

https://smarthomescene.com/reviews/tuya-zigbee-human-presence-sensor-zy-m100-review/

3 Likes

Potentially quicker too! Have ordered one to play with… thanks!

Ha ! I was just coming here to post the same article you did. I got the mains powered one on it’s way.
Now to cut a hole in the ceiling and run power before the wife gets wise.

This is the one:
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803919760969.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.223a18029jlWxI&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&_randl_shipto=US

1 Like

These exist with different frequencies, 5.8GHz seem to be standard, but exist with others as well. Which one did you guys order?

AFAIK based on the linked datasheet, it is 5.8GHz. The chip is a MR5G21 and author claims it’s more accurate & faster than FP1. Now whether he makes money off his article for saying that, I will find out once I get the item.

1 Like

Ok, I think I’ll order one of these, not certain it’s support in z2m yet.

@nutcracker did you get the exact same one?

Article author claims it’s supported in Z2M fully, but not ZHA, however we know Tuya and their many firmware variations of the same product

1 Like

yeah, that’s always so much fun :stuck_out_tongue: We’ll see, if it is not supported out-of-the-box it’ll be an easy fix regardless.

1 Like

Mine should be that too.

1 Like

Yes believe it’s the same via Aliexpress. Not due to arrive until the end of the month.
(wall mount zigbee version)

Does the ceiling one have the votage converter inside or is it a power brick? I like the ceiling version better but I would much rather use standard usb 5v than adding outlets in the attic.